新加坡狮城论坛

返回列表 发帖 付费广告

成人英语,日语,电脑课程,时间自由

[复制链接]
发表于 半年前|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层

Don't apologize for simply existing. Because it is not wrong.

不要为已经发生的事情感到抱歉。

Appreciate the others for what they have already done, whether they know it or not.

要感激别人所做的一切,不管他们有没有意识到。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

小狮租房
今日短语
In the flower of somebody's youth 的意思是某人正在风华正茂时。

例句
Look at those students – they're all in the flower of their youth.

She's still extremely active considering she's no longer in the flower of her youth.

请注意
另一个和“花”有关的常用表达是 in flower,意思是“开花”。

例句
Daffodils are in flower in early spring.

Do you know which plants are in flower in December?

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

顶帖!!!
顶帖!!!

今日短语
一个能够起到警示作用的事件就可以被称为 “a wake-up call,警钟 ”。为的是警告一个人避免重犯同样错误或防止将来出现更大问题。

例句
The plane crash was a wake-up call for airlines never to compromise on safety.
When I failed my mock exam it was a real wake-up call. From then on I studied and revised hard.
请注意
如果你突然发现什么不好的事情已经发生了或者正在进行中,这种情况可以用“wake up to the fact”来表达,意思是觉醒、醒悟过来。

例句
You need to wake up to the fact that you are not going to pass your exams if you don't start working harder.
It took a while for my parents to wake up to the fact that their business was failing.

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

And don’t forget to use the words that you have learnt regularly, for example you can write stories of your own or the very least read your notes frequently.

当然只有运用才能让沉睡的单词变得鲜活,才能巩固你对它的理解和记忆。在你实在没有时间定期运用它们写些短文的情况下,你至少要坚持定期去阅读你的关于新单词的一些笔记。希望 Sian 的建议能够给你一些启迪和帮助。但真正实现它,还是要你的意志和动力。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

好了,让我们来简单总结一下“dictionary 词典”的几个近义词。Dictionary 指的是大家日常学习中用到的“词典”,按字母顺序列出单词并注明发音,给出详细解释和例句等等,dictionary 是工具书,使用非常普遍。Lexicon 在语言研究学中更常用,也是词典的意思,更侧重指“专门词汇”词典。Wordlist 是单词表,一般不是很长,老师在布置背单词作业时会用到 wordlist。最后,glossary,教科书或者科研文章末尾会附上一个glossary 词汇表,解释单词在文章中的意思。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

顶帖!!!
今日短语
如果有人因为一些小事而做出不相称或不恰当的激烈反应,那么你就可以说“they are making a song and dance about something”;也就是汉语里说的“小题大做”。不过注意这是一个非正式表达。
例句
All right, calm down! You don’t have to make such a song and dance about it. You take the remote control. We can watch what you want to. I really don’t mind.
When I made a tiny comment about his driving he made such a song and dance about it. He was angry for ages.
Don’t make a song and dance about it. You don’t have to have any potatoes if you don’t want.
请注意
另一个和 song 歌曲有关的表达是 for a song,意思是非常便宜地。
例句
Quick, if you want a bargain, there’s a sale on at the supermarket. The clothes are going for a song.
In the New Year sales I picked up a new TV for a song. It’s not the latest model but it was a great price.

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

今日短语
The cheap buyer takes bad meats.翻译过来就是:便宜没好货。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

Fate as hand palm, no matter how tortuous, is always in their own hands.
命运如同手中的掌纹,无论多曲折,终掌握在自己手中。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
人生最大的快乐是做到别人认为你做不到的事情。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 小程序 返回顶部 返回列表