使用道具 举报

发表于 3-2-2012 09:05:41|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 jjrchome 于 3-2-2012 09:06 编辑
秀外慧中 发表于 2-2-2012 08:21
可以把那篇文章贴出来吗?

另一篇:

Parents question use of iPad
Bryna Sim |  The New Paper |  Fri Feb 3 2012

The shouting match over iPad 2s did not take place in a dodgy electronics shop between a sleazy salesman and a tourist.
Instead, it took place in one of Singapore's top secondary schools between parents and school authorities.

River Valley High School (RVHS) plans to get all its 2,800 students and teachers to use Apple's handheld tablet computer for lessons.

And the furious exchange took place during a briefing session, when some parents questioned the decision.

Their concerns also included the device's cost - about $700 - and access to unsuitable material on the Internet.

The school's principal, Mr Koh Yong Chiah, told The New Paper they had been planning for more than a year to implement the programme.

He said the main purpose is to use infocomm technology to enhance learning.

The first briefing session was held for parents of Secondary 1 children during the first week of January.

Parents The New Paper spoke to said that session did not have any incidents.

But housewife B. Tan, 42, said she left the session with a nagging concern: "The school did not show us how exactly our children would be learning through the iPad."

It was during the second briefing session on Jan 13 for parents of Sec 2 students that the disruptions happened.
Students had been allowed to attend both sessions.

A Sec 2 student, who witnessed what happened but declined to be named, said: "There was a parent who kept shouting and interrupting even when the principal was trying to explain things to him.

"There was another parent who did not back down in spite of having her questions answered."

The student added that the situation grew so tense that the Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) head allegedly said: "If you don't trust that the school is trying to help your children in their learning, then don't participate in the programme or take them out of the school."

When asked about the matter, Mr Koh said the male parent "wasn't asking questions", but was opposing what he was saying.
As for the PTA head, who is a parent volunteer with the school, Mr Koh said she had made the remarks as she was "upset and disturbed".

He also told TNP that the school recognises the parents' concerns are "valid" and is aware of the online comments.

"The parents' concerns are also ours," he said.

RVHS is not the only school here using educational technology in a big way.

Mr Koh intends to roll out the school's plan in phases from mid-March this year, and he hopes that by the end of this year, the iPad2 will be used in 30 per cent of their lessons.

He intends to increase this percentage to 50 per cent by the end of next year.

Because of these figures, some parents told TNP they felt "pressurised" to buy an iPad2 for their children.

Said businessman M Lim, 44, whose daughter is in Sec 1: "If I don't buy it, I fear that she will lose out in lessons.

"But I'm also uncomfortable with the pressure of the deadline of submission to purchase the iPad2.

Although the deadline is Feb 1, they were told to submit the form two weeks before that."

Parents were told that if they were to buy the iPad2 from the school's supplier, it would be "$200" cheaper than if they purchased it on their own.

But Mr Koh said it is "not compulsory" for students to buy the iPad2.

Students who cannot afford one will either receive school subsidies or be loaned a set for free. Other parents questioned if there was a need for the device.

The father of a Sec 3 student, who wanted to be known only as Mr Lee, 45, said: "A lot of things are good to have, but how much more will they be learning via the iPad in comparison to textbooks?"

Online forum

Added a parent on an online forum: "The school is already doing so well without iPads. There is really no need to introduce it."
When The New Paper looked at the forum yesterday, there were at least 50 comments by concerned parents on the issue.
Mr Koh said one of the uses of the iPad 2 in lessons would be to simplify complex concepts. And what about security of the iPads?

Mr Koh said each student will have lockers to store the iPads and that more CCTVs would be installed in the school.

Another fear the parents have is that their children will get addicted to games and other sites on their iPads.

Mr Lim said he was told at the briefing that in school, cyber wellness was the teachers' responsibility.

But at home, it would be the parents'.

He asked: "Why is the school giving me additional things to do?"

Mr Koh said the school has stepped up its cyber wellness education efforts to guide students on the use of iPads.

A Sec 2 RVHS male student, who declined to be named, said: "I really don't know if I'd prefer learning from an iPad to learning from a teacher."

One Sec 3 student added: "Textbooks may be heavier, but I'm used to them and I prefer learning from them. Learning from an iPad would be a sudden change for me."

Eight schools on board Future Schools project

All the 1,280 secondary students at Crescent Girls' School (CGS) have a tablet PC and an account on the school's e-learning portal.

When logged in, students can access 97 modules of online lessons. These lessons can be accessed from home before they attend class, making it easy for students to study and revise at home.

Using their tablet PCs, the students can also blog, upload videos and chat using instant messaging with their teachers and classmates.

CGS's principal, Mrs Tan Chen Kee, told The New Paper yesterday that it is "not compulsory" for the students to purchase a personal learning device.

"We facilitate the purchase of a personal learning device at attractive prices, but the decision is left to the parents," she said.
Still, the take-up rate for the device's purchase stands at "almost 100 per cent".

"This is confirmation of the parents' support for our approach in the use of technology to support teaching and learning," she said.

In November 2010, The Straits Times reported that Nan Chiau Primary School bought about 300 mobile phones for all Primary 3 pupils and two Pri 4 classes.

Science lessons

Using their handsets' styluses, the pupils use the software uploaded on their mobile phones to read up on the concepts for their science lessons, then go on to do exercises.

Both CGS and Nan Chiau Primary are part of the Future Schools project, which is funded by the Ministry of Education, the National Research Foundation, Infocomm Development Authority and industry partners.

The project now has eight schools on board, and these schools act as test beds for classroom technology.

Such schools try out educational technology, determine what works and share their know-how with other schools.

River Valley High School is not one of these schools, although it has been reported that the ministry plans to select up to seven more Future Schools by 2015.

Apart from CGS and Nan Chiau Primary, the other six Future Schools are: Hwa Chong Institution, Canberra Primary, Ngee Ann Secondary, Jurong Secondary, Beacon Primary and the School of Science and Technology.

Innovation, but at what cost?

How much technology is enough?

Schools these days seem eager to jump onto the high-tech bandwagon, testing programmes, doing tie-ups with organisations, all in the name of "enhancing students' learning with technology".

But in the process of striving to attain thisgoal, is there sometimes more loss than gain?

I'm not saying technology shouldn't be embraced. In fact, I'm envious of secondary school students today when I see them, for example, using iPad 2s to compose tunes during their music lessons in school.

In my time - which wasn't that long ago - music lessons consisted of just learning how to play a recorder.

I'm also heartened when students today say their interest in learning a particular language, like Mandarin, is finally piqued with the help of mobile learning devices.

But my concern is when technology, rather than teaching or education, becomes schools' primary focus and the pursuit of technological advancement involves more than a select group of teachers and students.

The Ministry of Education has been emphasising the importance of character education.

But my view is that when teachers are tasked to support their schools in the latest high-tech initiatives, the human touch is compromised all the more because the teachers just don't have time.

All too often, my teacher friends lament to me that they do too little of what they first set out to do - teach and shape their students' lives.

I'm also concerned that as a student's need to learn via a mobile learning device increases because of the school's requirements, it doesn't just encourage self-directed learning.

Self-sufficiency in that way is a good thing.

But my fear is that it will also breed greater selfishness and further alienate teachers from their students.

The days where students study together could soon be gone. From flipping through heavy textbooks scarred with pen marks of varied colours together, sharing notes and thoughts, students could instead be studying on iPads at home, alone.

Perhaps they would be saying goodbye too, to extra remedial lessons with their teachers since the mobile learning devices will have all the answers.

This is a scene in the future of our educational landscape I shudder to see but fear will manifest.

Can we master technology and control its influence, instead of letting it master our decisions?

This article was first published in The New Paper.

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-2-2012 09:32:44|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
xuemei166 发表于 3-2-2012 05:12
个人觉得,电脑教学肯定是趋势
比如生物课时,讲解一个细胞的内部三维结构,直接呈现电子显微镜下的画面
比 ...

政府已经推出了Furture School的介绍短片:

目前政府支持的Future Schools试点学校有以下几所:

Beacon Primary School
Project name: BEACON WORLD
Key Focus - Creating Diverse Digital Learning Spaces

Beacon Primary leverages technologies to bring about engaged learning and to create a stimulating learning experience for pupils. Pupils will extend their learning beyond knowledge, skills and values to grow the ability to envision for the future and contribute to make a difference. Highlights include the diverse digital learning spaces and innovative key programmes.
ST Electronics (Training & Simulation Systems) Consortium
Download the project brochure in PDF.

Canberra Primary School
Project name: CANBERRA LIVE!
Key Focus -BeyondUsing Play as Pedagogy

Canberra Primary School's proposed six-year Canberra Experience comprises three key programmes - Discoverer, Global Learner and Attuned Learner. Each key programme will be designed to deliver the national curriculum and 21st century skills through collaborative knowledge building-based pedagogies and assessment.
Singtel Consortium

Crescent Girls' School
Project name: : i-CONNECT@CRESCENT
Key Focus - Empowering Learners through Student-Centric Learning

While the national 'O' Level curriculum forms the core content, the distinctive features in the curriculum of FS@CGS are the integration of the subject disciplines, use of learner-centric teaching approaches, deployment of multiple assessment modes, and the infusion of of 21st century skills to produce 'world-ready' youths.
Hewlett Packard Consortium

Jurong Secondary School
Project name: : REDEFINING LEARNING THE COMMUNITY AND THE WORLD IS OUR CLASSROOM
Key Focus - Enhancing Education through Problem-Based Learning

Jurong Secondary School (JSS) aims to leverage the powers of technologies, to engage the community actively to provide our students with authentic learning experiences. Our vision as a FutureSchool is that the world and the community is our classroom.
CIVICA Consortium

Hwa Chong Institution
Project name: : HWA CHONG NEXUS
Key Focus - Enabling Self-Directed Learning in a Borderless World

The HCI programme aims to combine technology with new ways of learning to create educational value. This is achieved by creating opportunities beyond the school's physical campus at Bukit Timah, so that learning transcends boundaries between subjects, classrooms, schools, countries and cultures.
ST Electronics (Training & Simulation Systems) Consortium

School of Science and Technology (SST)
Key Focus - Creating Pervasive Learning Environments

SST is aiming to leverage 1:1 networked computing and interactive digital media (IDM) tools to create pervasive learning environments that support 21st Century learning, as well as foster students' competencies in critical thinking, collaboration and communication.
The school is currently at the phase of securing its partner consortium and developing technological innovations.

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-2-2012 12:39:33|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 fromnuaa 于 3-2-2012 12:41 编辑

中学IT部门的老师,其实对IT是一知半解,只知道跟着所谓潮流跑,不知道什么才是对学生最重要和最合适的。

RGS的macbook,苹果店里只卖1500新元,RGS却要卖1800到2000新元,虽然增加了几年保险,但是其实啥也保不到。这明摆着是坑爹的行为,专门坑那些望女成凤但是对电脑不甚了解的父母。

对IT产品比较了解的父母,可能在等下一代的ipad3或者新的macbook问世,来解决这个屏幕分辨率的问题。现在中学要求学生立即购买现有的东东,让他们进退两难。

对学生来说,ipad怎么说都是不合适的,打字速度太慢就一条就可以否决它了。macbook也是不合适的,价格太贵,散热差,屏幕分辨率一般,无法调整字体显示模式,所装的office软件存在诸多兼容性的问题等等。

我觉得对学生来说,待机时间长的上网本才是最合适的,表现在:文字处理性能凑合,Windows系统可以调整字体显示模式(开启或关闭渲染,点阵或者曲线字库选择等等),软件多而且容易找,比较轻便,价格便宜,加上游戏性能差(算是优点,对学生来说)。

点评

中肯  详情 回复 发表于 3-2-2012 13:13
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-2-2012 12:45:02|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
tianyizhy 发表于 3-2-2012 09:38
其实人手一台电脑,在上海老早就有提倡过,当年建平中学就这样(大概在上海中学中排名第四第五的位置,是公 ...

想说两句:
1。电脑普及确是大势所趋,用ipac学习是否合适却是见仁见智,这有待时间考量,同时还要有学校,家长,学生三方密切配合。不知是幸或不幸,这批孩子又成了白老鼠,作了试验品。

2。如果电脑是学校买的,然后让学生在学校使用,反对的声浪想必要小不少。这样一来,学校的责任要大很多,效果可能也会好很多。家长不爽的是在情况不甚明了下有些被动的掏钱买不太放心的电脑,还要时时小心孩子在家乱用,耽误学业。

教育是一门科学。希望学校的决定没有错,也希望家长的钱没白花,更希望孩子能从中获益。争来争去,到底不都是为了孩子嘛。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-2-2012 19:12:16|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
孩子学校暂时没有,看来得未雨绸缪了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 4-2-2012 11:09:14|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
科技本来是手段
但是非要把它变成目的
真的是很悲哀的~~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 5-3-2012 22:39:45|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
如果每人补贴500元,就没这么大意见。
参观一下创新科技的展览室,看看他们为学生做的图文并茂的pad教育软件,感觉会不一样。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 5-3-2012 23:33:04|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
4justice 发表于 2-2-2012 08:43
联想到新加坡刚有二位局长因为与IT公司的交易被抓, 我看不久就会有二位学校的什么长被抓, 遗憾的是新加坡 ...

此言差已,立化的校长不是这种人。 他以前是玉郎处级学院的校长,也是这一代行动党的头头。 比较敢讲话。
立化最近几年有起色,会考和cca都不错。

他干了(想干)一些事:
1, 给教室装冷气
2, 给餐厅装置磁卡付账系统,减少接触钱币。
3, 那些成绩不好的课外活动项目,要减少经费或砍掉。
4, 喜欢羽毛球项目,要打造羽毛球中心。
5, 检查哪些女生留了长头发。
6, 引入ipad
7, 引入马来语课程

6,7引起许多争议,如果每人送一架的话,争议就基本上消失,6是价钱的问题。
另外, 那些反对ipad的人应该多了解ipad互动教学和它在教学方面的潜力。立化