新加坡狮城论坛

返回列表 发帖 付费广告
楼主: 6646

学习 PSLE 动词词组的利器 - 闪卡来了!PSLE 英语必考知识点,共 250个短语 !新增2020年最新短语!$35/套送货上门

[复制链接]
发表于 半年前|来自:新加坡 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
live up to

Can Spain live up to expectations at Euro 2022?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

小狮租房
stumble upon

Looking to understand Spain's Basque Country better, I accidentally stumbled upon the two-acre sliver of land while browsing through illustrated maps of the Western Pyrenees.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

a straight face

a serious expression on your face that you use when you do not want someone to know that you think something is funny:

Blake looked ridiculous in leather trousers, and I was desperately trying to keep a straight face.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

go by

One neighbour, who goes by the surname He, 66, complained that the problem has persisted since 2007.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

make off with

In November, millions of pounds were invested in a digital token inspired by the popular South Korean Netflix series Squid Game, which was revealed to be a scam when the token's founders made off with the money.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

leave no stone unturned

What is clear, though, is Arteta is leaving no stone unturned to help Arsenal take that next step.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

step up

Some parents also said the school has stepped up efforts to support students in the past year, with offers of counselling services regularly communicated to students and parents through phone calls and e-mails.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

throw oneself into

It kind of took my mind off everything so I threw myself into photography.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

freak out

But while the rest of his family were freaking out, Ko's daughter remained unfazed while holding a durian seed.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

take a toll

It’s taking a toll on those who are anxious to plan their lives and settle.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 小程序 返回顶部 返回列表