回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 10-1-2017 14:49:04|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
小狮租房

感谢支持,一定会努力的~~

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 12-1-2017 16:46:00|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
Q: What are some of the most interesting little-known things?
问:有哪些超级有趣但鲜为人知的冷知识?
1) The pleasant smell of first rain after a long time (called petrichor) is actually due to geosmin produced by bacteria present in wet soil. It is also attributed to an oil released by plants to keep themselves from drying out.
久旱初雨后空气中的馨香(叫作“潮土油”),实际上源于潮湿泥土中细菌所产生的土臭素,也来自于植物为避免干枯而分泌的一种油脂。
2) G-Mail was originally a free email service for Garfield fans!
G-Mail最初是为加菲猫粉丝们提供免费电子邮件服务的!
2.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 14-1-2017 15:38:34|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
3) In most of the malls today, perfumes are always found at the entrance. There’s a reason behind this:
现在大多数购物中心的香水柜台都设在入口处。这背后是有原因的:
Before automobile came in, commuters used to depend on horses, which used to leave lots of dung on the roads. Just to ensure the stench/bad odor would not enter the sales outlet, perfumes and fragrances were always kept at the entrance. This was done so that the customers would have a pleasant experience the moment they step in.
在汽车普及之前,马匹是主要的代步工具。但是马一路会留下许多粪便。为了确保这种异味不被带入,店铺入口处常会放香水。这样顾客一踏入店门就会感觉愉悦。

3.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 17-1-2017 18:15:30|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
4) A honey bee must tap two million flowers to make one pound of honey.
一只蜜蜂需要采两百万朵花才能酿出一磅蜂蜜。
5) Honey is the only food that doesn’t spoil. It was found in an edible form even in the Pyramids. When you call someone “honey”, you are blessing them with a long life.
蜂蜜是唯一一种不会变质的食物。甚至在金字塔中发现的蜂蜜都还可以食用。当你叫别人“honey”(蜂蜜,亲爱的)时,你是在祝福他们长命百岁。
4.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 19-1-2017 16:29:14|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
6) If a statue of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
一尊骑马雕像,如果马的一双前蹄腾空,那么此人战死沙场;如果马一只前蹄腾空,那么此人伤重而亡;如果马四脚着地,那么他寿终正寝。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 23-1-2017 14:07:25|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
7) Only one McDonald’s in the world has turquoise arches. This is in Sedona, Arizona. The Government officials thought the yellow would look bad with the natural red rock of the city.
全世界只有一家麦当劳的“M”标志是蓝绿色的。这家店位于亚利桑那州的赛多纳市。当地政府觉得,麦当劳标志上的黄色和当地的天然红色岩石搭配起来丑爆了。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 24-1-2017 14:41:44|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
趣味小故事
Be Much Worse

Policeman: Why didn't you shout for help when you were robbed of your watch?

Man: If I had opened my mouth, they'd have found my four gold teeth. That would be much worse.

可能更糟

警察:当你的手表被抢的时候,你为什么不大声喊叫呢?

男士:如果我张嘴喊叫,他们就会发现我的四颗金牙。那样情况就更糟了!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 8-2-2017 15:19:47|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
冷知识
10) Otters holds hands whilst sleeping so they do not drift away from one another.
水獭睡觉的时候会手牵着手,以防被水冲散。
看到这一条,感觉好温暖~
5.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-2-2017 16:32:26|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层

Leave sb./sth behind

把某人丢在了后面

We were separated by the crowd and I guess we left Stephan behind. Can you give him a call to see where he is? 我们被人群冲散了,可能把Stephan丢在了后面。你能给他打个电话问下他在哪里吗?

Leave sb./sth behind

超越某人,被某人落下

Study harder, or you’re gonna be left behind by your classmates. 努力学习,不然就会被同学们落下了。

Leave sb./sth behind

把某物落下了

I left the bag behind at the restaurant. Let’s go back for them before they get taken. 我把我的包忘在餐厅了。我们回去拿一下吧,以免别人拿走了。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 小程序 返回顶部 返回列表