新加坡狮城论坛

123下一页
返回列表 发帖 付费广告
查看: 4589|回复: 24

[陪读话题] 在YMCA读了一学期后对坡县的语言学校没了信心

[复制链接]
发表于 21-12-2013 00:13:26|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  今天是YMCA的今年最后一期政府中学预备班的最后一天。我是本周二飞过来接女儿回中国的。周三送女儿上学后,就在教室外面电脑上查餐馆的信息,准备放学后去吃。开课二十分钟后,听到一位学生给前台反应,老师没有来上课。前台马上找了一位代替的老师,我就问代课的老师,上的是什么内容。回答是给学生放电影。我震惊了。一天四百人民币的学费就是上课看电影。找来副校长来交涉,他说,我给他们布置了二百字的作文。看完以后有任务的。周五,也就是今天,我很不厚道地问校长大人,请问您改了学生的作文吗?您布置的作业自己没有办法改,对得起学生吗?这只是其中一象罢了。
  在周四,数学老师上课放日本动画片风之谷。是日语发音,英文字幕。老师怕说没有作为,就将英文翻译成中文给学生。还有更比让体育老师教中文还可笑的事情吗?

发表于 21-12-2013 00:23:32|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
小狮租房
周四奋笔疾输(电脑打字),给校长写了一封长信。周五听说校长特别忙,参加两个葬礼去了,没空处理家长的投诉。贴在下面吧。英文不好,大家不要笑。达意即可。因为校长不会看中文,我只有写英文,以达上听。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 21-12-2013 00:25:24|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
对于我反应的问题,CPE说只有不按时开学,和在上课时间做广告推销他们可以管。老师上课放视频,老师不来上班这事他们管不了。I'll just wait and see.

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 21-12-2013 00:27:41|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
YMCA招生老师说上课放视频是新加坡特色的教育,也因此让我对新式教育渐渐失去信心。一放视频一个小时,能是有效的教学吗?还是中国学生钱多,人傻,速赚?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 21-12-2013 00:28:38|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
Dear Principal Tan,

I am the mother of Preparatory course S1 student XXX. The first time I went to YMCA this October, I heard your voice through the speaker and I found it assuring and soothing. Knowing that I will leave my daughter for two months on her own, I hope she is at good hands. That time you said something like prayers. That is what make me think so. I trust a school with Chirstian belief and several years of experience in running government school preparatory courses will give my daughter a good learning experience and efficient training she needs. That faith leads to a big desicion: I burned every bridge in my city for my girl to further her study. We quit the home middle school for good. I even had to fight with my husband to get my girl to this school. I think S'pore will give her better education, a better future. I am at the school only on the first and the last week of this term, but I realize I was wrong at least in the following matters:

1. The begining of this term is a mess.
I prepared every documents as the marketing staff required but we can't get the student pass before the first day of the term. Instead we had to get the card from Immigration the second day. That means we wasted two days. I remember very well and I tell my girl many times: one day's tuition is 80$(400 RMB). If that delay is the case for the new student, I know one old student got his student pass on the morning of the first day of the term, and the school gave him no class in the afternoon. The school did save a lot to pay for the teachers for these two days.
I remember Bible says in Proverbs 11:1,
The LORD detests dishonest scales, but accurate weights find favour with him.
in Proverbs 20:10,
Differing weights and differing measures--- the LORD detests them both.
in Luke 6:38,
For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
How can a Christian school owe its students its rightful learning time? Perhaps I shall forward this letter to the CPE and let them know that the quality of this school is not so good. We give your full payment and we demand full service. If you cannot extend the term, you should give back part of our money.
That two days are the collective loss for the all students. I also witnessed a disspointment a Tianjin parent felt. He was told that the school will provide a dorm for the son before he came. After he came, he was told he had to find homestay or other ways of accomdation. One student was supposed to be admitted in S2, but the agent got the student in other level. One student lost his passport in the Immigration and cannot attend the class for at least a month because he had to apply for a new passport and student card. The fact that the agent didn't collect all the documents and let the students keep themselves is to be blamed for the accident.

If the first problem is about the exact time loss the student got from the school, then we have more to come. We suffer from the poor performance of the teachers.

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 21-12-2013 00:31:00|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
其他语言学校没有机会去申请,不知道会不会对学生负责点。发这帖是希望对今后选择语言学校的家长提供一点过来人的信息。因为我也是在这里才知道有这么个学校。也因着这个名头,有基督教这几个字才选择它。没有想到教学这么混乱。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 21-12-2013 10:25:25|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
想陪读妈妈 发表于 21-12-2013 00:31
其他语言学校没有机会去申请,不知道会不会对学生负责点。发这帖是希望对今后选择语言学校的家长提供一点过 ...

很理解你的感受,我也是一路吐血走过这段时间,还好孩子考上了,我的看法家长亲自留在新加坡用心监督的孩子在这里很难考上,孩子天[关键词屏蔽]玩,,语言学校都差不多这种质量,关键是要有责任心的监护人和家长,而且孩子要听话配合。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 21-12-2013 11:35:23|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
我写了好几段英文,只有第一段审核通过了,后面几段不知哪里有问题。在新加坡没有两天了,今天要抓紧时间去玩一下。晚上再来回复。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 21-12-2013 11:37:59|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
345034959 发表于 21-12-2013 10:25
很理解你的感受,我也是一路吐血走过这段时间,还好孩子考上了,我的看法家长亲自留在新加坡用心监督的孩 ...

越早来考越容易点。我们已经是较晚的。我因为工作关系没有来照顾她,只是第一周和最后一周来学校看一下,就可以发现这么多问题。真不知道平时他们是怎么糊弄学生的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 21-12-2013 22:11:35|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 小程序 返回顶部 返回列表