新加坡狮城论坛

返回列表 发帖 付费广告
查看: 2528|回复: 4

【爱弟兄】

[复制链接]
发表于 4-11-2014 20:14:06|来自:北京 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
爱你在基督里的弟兄姊妹
爱弟兄的就是住在光明中,在他并没有绊跌的缘由(约翰一书2:10)。【希腊文中的“弟兄姊妹(弟兄)”是指主耶稣的跟从者,不论男女,同为上帝的家人;约翰一书3:10也说:从此就显出谁是 神的儿女、谁是魔鬼的儿女。凡不行义的,就不属 神,不爱弟兄的也是如此;4:20-21人若说我爱 神,却恨他的弟兄,就是说谎话的。不爱他所看见的弟兄,就不能爱没有看见的 神。爱 神的,也当爱弟兄,这是我们从 神所受的命令】
亲爱的弟兄姊妹们,无论什么时候,只要你发现自己跌倒在失败或罪里,那么你首先要省察自己爱的生命。谦卑地来到上帝跟前,求祂使你明白,你是否与人不和或心怀怨气。若你有这种情况,那么魔鬼就会趁虚而入,将你绊倒。
身为传道士,我无数次地看到这样的事情发生。我传讲真道,可是有些基督徒听后会心生怨恨,于是他判定我讲的是错,然后恼怒而去。首先的问题你要明白,对主内弟兄怀怨,这本身就使他陷入困境之中了。
马可福音4:16-17【那撒在石头地上的(表面的基督徒),就是人听了道立刻欢喜领受。但他心里没有根,不过是暂时的,及至为道遭了患难或是受了逼迫,立刻就跌倒了】告诉我们,魔鬼正是利用弟兄间的恼怒不和来窃取我们的心离开上帝的话语,使我们与弟兄彼此怀怨,然后他就能拔出我们心里的塞子,使上帝的话语从我们的生命中流尽,就像水从水桶中流尽一样。
永远不要让这些事发生在你的身上,如果一个牧师或基督徒的传道令你听后感到不快,有被得罪的感觉,那么你就要抓住这个被得罪的感觉,坚确地说:“撒旦,你决不能窃取我的心离开上帝的话语,你是说谎的魔鬼。”然后,俯伏于地,向上帝认罪。
寻求上帝的话语,并且听从你里面的圣灵,当遇到类似的情况时,你就会懂得该怎样做。如果你一直感觉那个人的讲道是错的,那你就为他祷告。
记住,怀怨决不是由上帝而来的,上帝说我们要在爱里根深蒂固。所以,拒绝心怀怨恨,以爱心为得罪你的弟兄祷告,那么你就能平安通过这些境况而决不会跌倒。
研经:约翰一书2:1-11
2:1 我小子们哪,我将这些话写给你们,是要叫你们不犯罪。若有人犯罪,在父那里我们有一位中保,就是那义者耶稣基督。
2:2 祂为我们的罪作了挽回祭,不是单为我们的罪,也是为普天下人的罪。  
2:3 我们若遵守祂的诫命,就晓得是认识祂。  
2:4 人若说我认识祂,却不遵守祂的诫命,便是说谎话的,真理也不在他心里了。  
2:5 凡遵守主道的,爱 神的心在他里面实在是完全的,从此我们知道我们是在主里面。  
2:6 人若说他住在主里面,就该自己照主所行的去行。  
2:7 亲爱的弟兄阿,我写给你们的不是一条新命令,乃是你们从起初所受的旧命令,这旧命令就是你们所听见的道。  
2:8 再者,我写给你们的是一条新命令,在主是真的,在你们也是真的。因为黑暗渐渐过去,真光已经照耀。  
2:9 人若说自己在光明中,却恨他的弟兄,他到如今还是在黑暗里。  
2:10 爱弟兄的就是住在光明中,在他并没有绊跌的缘由。  
2:11 惟独恨弟兄的是在黑暗里,且在黑暗里行,也不知道往那里去,因为黑暗叫他眼睛瞎了。
Love Your Brothers and Sisters in CHRIST
1 John 2:10 Anyone who loves their brother and sister lives in the light, and there is nothing in them to make them stumble. [The Greek word for brother and sister (adelphos) refers here to a follower of JESUS, whether man or woman, as part of GOD’s family; also in 1 John 3:10 This is how we know who the children of GOD are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not GOD’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister. ; 1 John 4: 20  Whoever claims to love GOD yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love GOD, whom they have not seen. 21 And HE has given us this command: Anyone who loves GOD must also love their brother and sister.]
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Whenever you find yourself stumbling into failure or sin, check your love life. Humbly come before the LORD and ask HIM to show you if you're in strife with anyone or if you've taken offense. If you have, the devil can come in and trip you up.
As a preacher, I've seen that happen countless times. I'll be preaching about something and some believer will get upset with me about it. He'll decide I'm wrong and go off in a huff--and first thing you know, he's in trouble.
Mark 4:16-17 (16 Others [superficial Christians], like seed sown on rocky places, hear the WORD and at once receive it with joy. 17 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the WORD, they quickly fall away.) tell us the devil uses those kinds of offenses to steal the WORD from our hearts. He causes us to get crosswise with each other. Then he's able to pull the plug right out of us and drain the WORD like water from a bucket.
Don't ever let that happen to you. If you hear a preacher or another believer saying something that rubs you the wrong way and you catch yourself getting offended say, "Oh no you (Satan) don't. You're not stealing the WORD of GOD out of me, you lying devil." Then get right down on your knees and repent before GOD.
Search the WORD and listen to the SPIRIT within you and find out what you should do. If you still feel what that person said to you was wrong, pray for him.
Remember, taking offense never comes from GOD. HE says we're to be rooted and grounded in love. So reject those feelings of offense. Give yourself to that person in love and in prayer. You'll be able to walk right on through that situation without ever stumbling at all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scripture Study: 1 John 2:1-11
2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the FATHER—JESUS CHRIST, the RIGHTEOUS ONE. 2 HE is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
Love and Hatred for Fellow Believers
3 We know that we have come to know HIM if we keep HIS commands. 4 Whoever says, “I know HIM,” but does not do what HE commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys HIS WORD, love for GOD is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in HIM: 6 Whoever claims to live in HIM must live as JESUS did.
7 Dear friends, I am not writing you a new command but an old one, which you have had since the beginning. This old command is the message you have heard. 8 Yet I am writing you a new command; its truth is seen in HIM and in you, because the darkness is passing and the true light is already shining.
9 Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness. 10 Anyone who loves their brother and sister lives in the light, and there is nothing in them to make them stumble. 11 But anyone who hates a brother or sister is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness. They do not know where they are going, because the darkness has blinded them.

发表于 5-11-2014 19:30:22|来自:北京 | 显示全部楼层
小狮租房
本帖最后由 sky5107 于 5-11-2014 19:33 编辑

活在服从上帝旨意的生命中,上帝必保守你脱离苦难
你是我藏身之处,你必保佑我脱离苦难,以得救的乐歌四面环绕我(诗篇32:7
亲爱的弟兄姊妹们,在生活的方方面面,我们好像总会被各样苦难紧紧包围,不是财政失败,就是生意失败,或是婚姻失败、健康失败,然而,即便我们好像淹没在各样的难题中,上帝已经应许我们,祂必搭救我们。
如果你想让上帝拯救你脱离苦难,那么你就要从内心到生命将上帝作为你的 神。【上帝荣耀那些荣耀祂的人】,如果你遇到了困难,不要只会哭天喊地地乞求上帝搭救你,你要首先荣耀上帝,就是寻求祂的话语,并行出祂的吩咐。
诗篇34章就是很好的教导。首先,【4节】说“要寻求上帝”。当你以行上帝的旨意、服从上帝的命令来寻求上帝时,祂就会拯救你脱离一切恐惧。
然后【6节】指示你,要呼求耶和华,祂便救你脱离一切患难。
最后,【11-14节】教导你,敬畏耶和华,就是禁止舌头不出恶言、嘴唇不说诡诈的话;要离恶行善,寻求和睦,一心追赶。
记住,如果你想让上帝拯救你脱离苦难,那么你就要从内心到生命将上帝作为你的 神。当你这样做时,属天的一切旨意都将参与拯救你,并且确保你的胜利。
研经:诗篇34
34:1我要时时称颂耶和华,赞美祂的话必常在我口中。  
34:2 我的心必因耶和华夸耀,谦卑人听见就要喜乐。  
34:3 你们和我当称耶和华为大,一同高举祂的名。  
34:4 我曾寻求耶和华,祂就应允我,救我脱离了一切的恐惧。】
34:5 凡仰望祂的便有光荣,他们的脸必不蒙羞。  
34:6 我这困苦人呼求,耶和华便垂听,救我脱离一切患难。】  
34:7 耶和华的使者在敬畏祂的人四围安营,搭救他们。  
34:8 你们要尝尝主恩的滋味,便知道祂是美善,投靠祂的人有福了。  
34:9 耶和华的圣民哪,你们当敬畏祂,因敬畏祂的一无所缺。  
34:10 少壮狮子还缺食忍饿,但寻求耶和华的甚么好处都不缺。  
34:11 众弟子阿,你们当来听我的话,我要将敬畏耶和华的道教训你们。  
34:12 有何人喜好存活、爱慕长寿、得享美福,  
34:13 就要禁止舌头不出恶言,嘴唇不说诡诈的话;  
34:14 要离恶行善,寻求和睦,一心追赶。】  
34:15 耶和华的眼目看顾义人,祂的耳朵听他们的呼求。  
34:16 耶和华向行恶的人变脸,要从世上除灭他们的名号。  
34:17 义人呼求,耶和华听见了,便救他们脱离一切患难。  
34:18 耶和华靠近伤心的人,拯救灵性痛悔的人。  
34:19 义人多有苦难,但耶和华救他脱离这一切,
34:20 又保全他一身的骨头,连一根也不折断。  
34:21 恶必害死恶人,恨恶义人的必被定罪。  
34:22 耶和华救赎他仆人的灵魂,凡投靠祂的,必不至定罪。  
Live a life in obedience to the will of GOD and HE will preserve you from trouble.
"Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance."
(Psalm 32:7)
In this day and time, trouble seems to surround us on every side. If it's not a failing economy, it's a failing business, a failing marriage, or failing health. Yet, in the midst of seemingly overwhelming problems, God has promised to deliver us.
If you want GOD to be God of your trouble, then you must let HIM be GOD in your heart. GOD honours those who honour HIM. If you're facing problems, don't just start kicking and screaming and begging HIM to save you from them. You must first Honour HIM by going to HIS WORD and doing what HE says to do.
Psalm 34 is a good place to start. It says, for example, to seek GOD (verse 4). As you seek HIM by doing HIS wills and obeying HIS commands, HE will deliver you from the things that threaten you.
Secondly, it instructs you to cry out to the LORD. HE will save you out of ALL your troubles(verse 6)
Next it tells you to fear the LORD. Verses 11-14 tell you exactly how to do that: Keep from speaking evil and deceit; depart from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
Remember, if you want GOD to be GOD of your trouble, and then let HIM be GOD of your heart too. When you do that, all of heaven will get involved in your deliverance--and your triumph will be guaranteed.
Scripture Study: Psalm 34
1 I will extol the LORD at all times;
HIS praise will always be on my lips.
2 I will glory in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
3 Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt HIS name together.
4 I sought the LORD, and HE answered me;
HE delivered me from all my fears.
5 Those who look to HIM are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.
6 This poor man called, and the LORD heard him;
HE saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear HIM,
and HE delivers them.
8 Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in HIM.
9 Fear the LORD, you HIS holy people,
for those who fear HIM lack nothing.
10 The lions may grow weak and hungry,
but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.
11 Come, my children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
12 Whoever of you loves life
and desires to see many good days,
13 keep your tongue from evil
and your lips from telling lies.
14 Turn from evil and do good;
seek peace and pursue it.
15 The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous,
and HIS ears are attentive to their cry;
16 but the face of the LORD is against those who do evil,
to blot out their name from the earth.
17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
HE delivers them from all their troubles.
18 The LORD is close to the broken hearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
19 The righteous person may have many troubles,
but the LORD delivers him from them all;
20 HE protects all his bones,
not one of them will be broken.
21 Evil will slay the wicked;
the foes of the righteous will be condemned.
22 The LORD will rescue HIS servants;
no one who takes refuge in HIM will be condemned.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 6-11-2014 20:31:46|来自:北京 | 显示全部楼层

耶和华是我的牧者
耶和华是我的牧者,祂使我躺卧在青草地上,领我在可安歇的水边。祂使我的灵魂苏醒,为自己的名
引导我走义路(诗篇23:2-3)。
当我不知何去何从时,我的主必将生命的道路指示我,使我有满足的喜乐,在祂的右手中有永远的福乐(诗篇16:11)。
我的主,我永远都听从您的话,跟从您的仁爱、喜乐、和平、忍耐、恩慈、良善、信实、温柔、节制、智慧和悟性之路而行(加拉太5:22-23)。
我的主,非常感谢您带领我走上这条以宽容柔和待人的奇妙之路,您是引导我的全部生命。
我的主,“我要默想您的训词:要专心仰赖耶和华,不可倚靠自己的聪明。在我一切所行的事上都要认定祂,祂必指引我的路(箴言3:5-6)。我承认我就是一只绵羊,自己不知道怎样前行,只是紧紧跟从主耶稣的脚步。当我研读您圣洁永活的话语又昼夜思想时,您为您的名引导我走义路。主啊,您是我的牧者,我要每天都追随着您。面对一切艰难险阻,我都无所畏惧,因为每件事的发生都必先经过您的允许。您知道万事,您一直行在我前面,指引我当行的路!”
所以我放胆宣言:“父啊,我虽行过死荫的幽谷,也不怕遭害。因为您与我同在,您的杖、您的竿都安慰我(诗篇23:4)。即使我经历死荫的幽谷,或心伤,或痛苦悲哀,或无法跨越的逆境和艰难的高山,我也无所畏惧,因为我的救主耶稣基督一直都在我身边带领我、指示我、教导我和保守我。”
“主啊,您与我同在。您的杖、您的竿都安慰我。在我敌人面前,您为我摆设筵席,就是胜利、喜乐和力量的盛宴。您用油膏了我的头,使我的福杯满溢。我一生一世必有恩惠慈爱随着我,我且要住在您的殿中,直到永远(诗篇23:5-6)。”
“我的主啊,这是我的胜利宣言!我非常荣幸并且感恩,主耶稣能与我同在。我知道您永远不会撇下我,也不会丢弃我(希伯来13:5),无论我走到哪里,您都与我同在。所以任何事都不能战胜我,因为在我里面的耶稣基督,胜过世上的一切权势(约翰一书4:4)。我是一个得胜者!”阿们!

My LORD is my SHEPHERD
My LORD is my SHEPHERD, HE makes me lie down in green pastures. HE leads me beside quiet waters. HE refreshes my soul. HE guides me along the right paths for HIS name’s sake (Psalm 23:2-3).
When I do not know where to go, My LORD will make known to me the path of life; HE will fill me with joy in HIS presence, with eternal pleasures at HIS right hand (Psalm 16:11).
My LORD, I will always listen to YOU and follow YOUR path of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance wisdom, and understanding (Gal. 5:22).
I am very thankful to YOU, LORD, that YOU are leading me along the wonderful paths of forgiveness and tenderness toward all people. YOU are directing all of my ways.
My LORD, “I meditate on YOUR WORD, which says, ‘Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge HIM, and HE shall direct your paths’ (Pro. 3: 5-6). I acknowledge that I am just like a sheep. I do not know which way to go by myself, but I stay close to JESUS. And as I read YOUR Holy and Living WORD and meditate upon it, YOU lead me in the paths of righteousness for YOUR NAME’s sake. LORD, YOU are my SHEPHERD, and I am following YOU daily. I am not afraid because everything that comes to me must pass YOU first. YOU know everything because YOU are always in front of me, leading me all the way!”
I boldly confess, “FATHER, even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for YOU are with me; YOUR rod and YOUR staff, they comfort me” (Psalm 23:4). “If I go through the valley of the shadow of death, or have my heart broken, or go through sorrow and heartache, or face insurmountable circumstances and mountains of difficulties, I will fear no evil! Because there stands beside me to lead and guide me, direct and shield me is my LORD SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST”.
LORD, YOU are with me, and YOUR rod and staff comfort me. YOU prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies (Psalm 23:5-6). A table of victory, joy and strength and YOU anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely YOUR goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever”.
My LORD, this is my confession of victory! ‘I am glad, LORD JESUS, that YOU are with me. I know that YOU will never leave me nor forsake me (Heb. 13:5). YOU are with me wherever I go; therefore, nothing can overcome me, because HE who is in me is greater than he who is in the world (1 Jn. 4:4). I am an overcomer!’” Amen!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 7-11-2014 20:42:54|来自:北京 | 显示全部楼层

我们对主耶稣做了什么?
出自马克斯·路卡杜
我们怎样待人,就是怎样待主耶稣
那些兵丁拜耶稣,并戏弄祂说:“恭喜犹太人的王阿!”又吐唾沫在耶稣的脸上,打祂的头,然后带祂去钉十字架(马可福音15:18-19 兵丁就庆贺耶稣说:“恭喜犹太人的王阿。”又拿一根苇子打祂的头,吐唾沫在祂脸上,屈膝拜祂)
其实兵丁的任务很简单,就是将拿撒勒人耶稣带上山并杀了祂,然而他们却要在行刑前,先戏弄耶稣一番。这群强壮又全副武装的兵丁,围攻戏谑这位本已精疲力尽、几乎要死的加利利木匠,并且殴打祂。可能殴打是命令,刑罚是吩咐,但是吐唾沫呢?吐唾沫虽不能伤害身体,但是可以践踏灵魂。
以前你这样做过吗?也许你不没有向人吐过唾沫,但是你是否说过别人的闲话呢?是否有过愤怒地举起你的手?是否让别人难过,自己感觉很好呢?我们的主在马太福音25:40这样解释真理:你们怎样待人,就是怎样待主耶稣(王要回答说:“我实在告诉你们,这些事你们既作在我这弟兄中一个最小的身上,就是作在我身上了)
所以无论何事,你们愿意人怎样待你们,你们也要怎样待人,因为这就是律法和先知的道理(马太福音7:12
What We Do to JESUS
by Max Lucado • March 29
How we treat others is how we treat JESUS.
The soldiers bowed before JESUS, making fun of HIM, saying ‘Hail, King of the Jews!’ They spat on JESUS. They began to beat HIM on the head. Then they led HIM away to be crucified.” (Mark 15: 18 And they began to call out to HIM, “Hail, king of the Jews!” 19 Again and again they struck HIM on the head with a staff and spit on HIM. Falling on their knees, they paid homage to HIM).
The soldiers’ assignment was simple. Take the Nazarene to the hill and kill HIM. But they wanted to have some fun first. Strong, armed soldiers encircled an exhausted, nearly dead Galilean carpenter and beat up on HIM. The beating was commanded. The crucifixion was ordered. But the spitting? Spitting isn’t intended to hurt the body—it can’t. Spitting is intended to degrade the soul, and it does.
Ever done that? Maybe you haven’t spit on anyone, but have you gossiped? Raised your hand in anger? Ever made someone feel bad so you would feel good? Our LORD explained this truth in Matthew 25:40: How we treat others is how we treat JESUS! (40 “The KING will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of MINE, you did for ME.’)
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 7: 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.)

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-4-2015 16:30:58|来自:北京 | 显示全部楼层
你里面的大能

以弗所3:14 因此,我在父面前屈膝,  
3:15 (天上地上的各家,都是从祂得名)
3:16 求祂按着祂丰盛的荣耀、借着祂的灵,叫你们心里的力量刚强起来。  
3:17 使基督因你们的信,住在你们心里,叫你们的爱心有根有基,  
3:18 能以和众圣徒一同明白基督的爱,是何等长阔高深;  
3:19 并知道这爱是过于人所能测度的,便叫 神一切所充满的,充满了你们。  
3:20 神能照着运行在我们心里的大力,充充足足地成就一切,超过我们所求所想的。  
3:21 但愿祂在教会中、并在基督耶稣里得着荣耀,直到世世代代、永永远远。阿们。

亲爱的弟兄姊妹们,史密斯夫人是来中国传教的传道士,有一次她对我说:“维德,我想告诉你,你不会好过现在的你,也不会好过过去的你,更不会比将来的你更好。”这是我听过的最令人沮丧的话。

原本,我的灵命成长在假道的环境中,信徒们都是竭尽己力要改掉肉体的败坏,小心地遵守律法。还好,刚刚史密斯夫人的话还没有讲完,她接着说:“上帝确实是要使你的生命改变得符合祂的旨意,但不是让你凭自己的力量悔改肉体的败坏,因为你是无法做到的。只有住在你里面的圣灵能够做到,并且带领着你按照上帝的旨意生活。”

她说得对。从将耶稣作为救主的那天起,我在肉体上没有任何好的改变。后来,当圣灵在我的生命中释放超凡大能时,我发现自己能够超越人类固有的本性(战胜肉体的败坏)。这就是为何,圣灵会住在每一个服从上帝教导的真基督徒里面。

虽然圣灵的工作有很多,但是祂在真信心的生命中有四个基本工作:1)启发真基督徒的心智,使他们能够懂得上帝的事情;2)激励我们侍奉上帝;3)使所有真基督徒能够甘心乐意地跟从上帝的旨意,坚守到底。4)促使真基督徒由内至外、实实在在地结出圣灵的果实(加拉太5:22-23 圣灵所结的果子,就是仁爱、喜乐、和平、忍耐、恩慈、良善、信实、温柔、节制。这样的事、没有律法禁止)。

史密斯夫人向我传达了一个重要的真理:生命要符合上帝的旨意,单凭肉体的力量是不够的。只有住在我们里面的圣灵,才有力量和智慧使我们活出基督徒得胜的生命,这就是为何上帝将圣灵赐给我们。靠着圣灵并服从圣灵,我们才能收获公义和神性的生命所带来的一切益处。

The Power Within

14 For this reason I kneel before the FATHER, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of HIA glorious riches HE may strengthen you with power through HIS SPIRIT in your inner being, 17 so that CHRIST may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the LORD’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of CHRIST, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of GOD.

20 Now to HIM who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to HIS power that is at work within us, 21 to HIM be glory in the church and in CHRIST JESUS throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Mrs. Smith, a missionary to China, once expressed some of the most discouraging words I’d ever heard. “Victor, I want to tell you that you’re as good as you’ll ever be. You’re as good as you’ve ever been, and you won’t ever be any better than you are.”

I had grown up believing a falsehood—that believers were to pour effort into turning their flesh around and doing right all the time according to the law. Thankfully, Mrs. Smith wasn’t finished. “GOD never intended for you to get better, because you can’t improve flesh,” she said. “But the HOLY SPIRIT, who is living inside you, will enable and live through you.”

She was right. My flesh hasn’t changed one bit since the day I made JESUS my LORD and SAVIOUR. But the HOLY SPIRIT releases HIS supernatural power in my life, and I find myself going beyond what is inherent to the nature of man. And that’s why HE indwells every true follower of GOD.

Although the works of the HOLY SPIRIT are many, four are basic to the life of faith: 1) The SPIRIT illumines the mind, enabling true believers to understand the things of GOD. 2) HE energizes our physical bodies to serve the LORD. 3) HE enables the will of all true followers to follow through on doing what is right. 4) HE quickens true followers’ emotions to feel and express the fruit of the SPIRIT (Gal. 5: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.).

Mrs. Smith passed on an important truth to me: Flesh is insufficient. Only the HOLY SPIRIT living inside us has the strength and wisdom to live out the Christian life victoriously. That’s why GOD gave HIM to us. Through the SPIRIT, we reap all the benefits of a righteous and godly life.

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 小程序 返回顶部 返回列表