新加坡狮城论坛

返回列表 发帖 付费广告
楼主: Cantab

English corner, are you with it?

[复制链接]
发表于 18-6-2004 00:43:57|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<P>aiz...in fact i can speak english freely with Singaporeans but with PRC ppl....i have a bit of problem...because language is a communication tool and i always try to seek the best tool to communicate with the ppl who i am speakin to...</P><P>juz like...i dun speak Cantonese at home but i will speak Cantonese with my Canton friends,,,and i will speak Teochew with my friends in my hometown...</P>
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 18-6-2004 03:37:49|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
小狮租房
you mean you speak the languages to the right ppl?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 18-6-2004 09:06:15|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<DIV class=quote><B>以下是引用<I>kg2002</I>在2004-6-18 3:37:49的发言:</B>
you mean you speak the languages to the right ppl?</DIV>

i mean...i will choose the language which the person i am talkin to feels most comfortable with. thus i usually will take the ppl's 1st dialect or 1st language(provided i can speak that language). i feel like doing so......but the types of languages i command is far too few......
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 29-6-2004 17:01:46|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层

Chatting through Microphone

<P>Hi all,</P>
<P>Like everybody here, i am eager to improve my english, especially oral english.</P>
<P>I agree that meeting regularly in one place is a good idea for practising english. But the problem is, it is quite tough to set a fits-all time and venue. Therefore, my suggestion is that we add each other in the MSN contact list, and once we meet in there, just try to chat in english via microphone. Since somebody, especially female, are afraid to meet strangers, chatting via micro phone is really a safe, cost-effective and flexible way to improve english communication skills.</P>
<P>How do your guys think about it?</P>
<P>BTW, my hotmail is: <a href="[email protected]" target="_blank" >[email protected]</A></P>
<P>Hope to chat with your in the near future.</P>
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-8-2004 10:49:26|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<P>good to speak to someone who do not know a single chinese word. it's really wired to speak english among chinese. at least i don't feel comfortable with it. hahaha.....<p></p></P>
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-8-2004 14:21:04|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<DIV class=quote><B>以下是引用<I>west_top</I>在2004-8-31 10:49:26的发言:</B>

<P>good to speak to someone who do not know a single chinese word. it's really wired to speak english among chinese. at least i don't feel comfortable with it. hahaha.....

<p></DIV>
<P>I cant speak chinese... so maybe we can practise together?</P>
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-8-2004 14:22:11|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<DIV class=quote><B>以下是引用<I>Cantab</I>在2004-5-18 20:05:40的发言:</B>

<P><B>Having browsed this forum section for long time, a new comer here would like to throw two cents, may we organize regular english corner at scheduled place to create more opportunities for people to brush up their communication skills? English is only communication vehicle, most importantly, how do you convey your ideas in concise and clear way to your audiences would be a big challenge even to native speakers? </B></P>
<P><B>If you favor it, cast your vote now. Let me see how many people intend to jump onto the bandwagon. Afterwards, we can create one group only for english enthusiasts.</B> </P>[em02][em06]</DIV>
<P>agree...</P>
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 1-9-2004 01:09:29|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<DIV class=quote><B>以下是引用<I>加州阳光</I>在2004-8-31 14:21:04的发言:</B>

<P>I cant speak chinese... so maybe we can practise together?</P></DIV>

what is you race ah?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2-9-2004 05:02:25|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<DIV class=quote><B>以下是引用<I>猫猫抱抱我</I>在2004-9-1 1:09:29的发言:</B>

what is you race ah?</DIV>