新加坡狮城论坛

123下一页
返回列表 发帖 付费广告
查看: 2894|回复: 26

Misunderstandings .please take 5-10 minutes of your precious time in reading t

[复制链接]
发表于 21-7-2004 10:10:39|来自: | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=2>
<P><FONT color=#6210de size=3>I know that this story is very long.. but i implore to you, please take</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT color=#6210de size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT color=#6210de size=3>5-10 minutes of your precious time in reading this. Misunderstandings</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT color=#6210de size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT color=#6210de size=3>really do affect all of us. Please read on.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT color=#6210de size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>************************************************************************************</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Part 1...</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>A fatal misunderstanding and the person who love me the most in this world</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>is gone forever.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>This is a true story, taken from "Family" (dictated by LD, edited by LSX,</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>translated by SaFe).</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Cruel misunderstandings one after another disrupted the blissful footsteps</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>to our family. Our original intend of having Mother enjoy some quiet and</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>peaceful moments in her remaining years with us went terribly wrong as</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>destiny's secret is finally revealed at a price, every thing became too</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>late.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Just two years after our marriage, hubby brought up the idea of asking</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Mother to move from the rural hometown and spend her remaining years with</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>us. Hubby's father passed away while he was still very young. Mother</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>endured much hardship and struggled all on her own to provide for him, see</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>him through to a university degree. You could say that she suffered a great</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>deal and did everything you could expect of a woman to bring hubby to where</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>he is today.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>I immediately agreed and started packing the spare room, which has a</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>balcony facing the South to let her enjoy the sunshine and plant some</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>greenery. Hubby stood in the bright room, and suddenly just picked me up</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>and started spinning round and round. As I begged him to put me down, he</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>said: "Lets go fetch mother." Hubby is tall and big sized and I love to</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>rest on his chest and enjoy the feeling that he could pick me up at any</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>moment put the tiny me into his pockets. Whenever we have an argument and</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>both refuses to back down, he would pick me up and spin me over his head</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>continuously until I surrender and beg for mercy. I became addicted to this</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>kind of panic-joy feeling.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Mother brought along her country-side habits and lifestyle with her. For</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>example; I am so used to buying flowers to decorate the living room, she</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>could not stand it and would comment: "I do not know how you young people</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>spend your money, why do you buy flowers for? You also can't eat the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>flowers!" I smiled and said: "Mum, with flowers in the house, our mood will</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>also become better." Mother continues to grumble away, and hubby smiled:</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>"Mum, this is a city-people's habit; slowly you will get use to it."</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Mother stopped saying anything. But every time thereafter, whenever I came</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>home with flowers, she would ask me how much it costs. I told her and she</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>would shake her head and express displeasure. Sometimes, when I come home</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>with lots of shopping bags, she would ask each and every item how much they</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>cost, I would tell her honestly and she would get even more upset about it.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Hubby playfully pinched my nose and said: "You little fool, just don't tell</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>her the full price of everything would solve it." There begins the friction</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>to our otherwise happy lifestyle.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Mother hates it most when hubby wakes up early to prepare the breakfast. In</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>your view, how could the man of the house cook for the wife? At the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>breakfast table, mother facial expression is always like the dark clouds</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>before a thunderstorm and I would pretend not to notice. She would use her</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>chopsticks and make a lot of noise with it as her silent protest. As I am a</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>dance teacher in the Children's Palace and is exhausted from a long day of</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>dancing around, I do not wish to give up the luxury of that additional few</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>minutes in the comfort of my bed and hence I turned a deaf ear to all the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>protest mother makes.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>From time to time, mother would help out with some housework, but soon her</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>help created additional work for me. For example: she would keep all kinds</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>of plastic bags accumulating them so that she sell them later on, and that</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>resulted in our house being filled with all the trash bags; she would</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>scrimp on dish washing detergent when helping to wash the dishes and so as</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>not to hurt her feelings, I would quietly wash they again. One day, late at</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>night, mother saw me quietly washing the dishes, and "Bam" she slams her</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>bedroom door and cried very loudly in her room. Hubby was placed in a</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>difficult position, and after that, he did not speak to me for that entire</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>night. I pretended to be a spoilt child, tried acting cute, but he totally</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>ignored me. I got mad and asked him: "What did I do wrong?" Hubby stared at</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>me and said: "Can't you just give in to her once? we couldn't possibly die</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>eating from a bowl however unclean it is, right?"</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>After that incident, for a long period of time, mother did not speak to me</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>and you can feel that there is a very awkward feeling hanging in the house.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>During that period of cold war, hubby was caught in dilemma as to who to</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>please.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>In order to stop her son from having to prepare breakfast, mother took on</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>the "all important" task of preparing breakfast without any prompting. At</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>the breakfast table, mother would look at hubby happily eating his</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>breakfast and cast that reprimanding stare at me for having failed to</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>perform my duty as a wife. To avoid the embarrassing breakfast situation, I</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>resorted to buying my own breakfast on my way to work.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>That night, while in bed, hubby was a little upset and asked me: "LD, is it</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>because you think that mum's cooking is not clean that's why you chose not</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>to eat at home?" He then turned his back on me and left me alone in tears</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>as feeling of unfairness overwhelmed me. After some time, hubby sighed:</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>"LD, just for me, can you have breakfast at home?" I am left with no choice</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>but to return to the breakfast table.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>The next morning, I was having porridge prepared by mother and I felt a</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>sudden churn in my stomach and everything inside seem to be rushing up my</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>throat. I tried to suppress the urge to throw up but I couldn't. I threw</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>down the bowl and rushed into the washroom and vomited everything out. Just</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>as I was catching my breath, I saw mother crying and grumbling very loudly</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>in her dialect, hubby was standing at the washroom doorway staring at me</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>with fire burning in his eyes. I opened my mouth but no words came out of</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>it, I really didn't mean it.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>We had our very first big fight that day; mother took a look at us, then</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>stood up and slowly made her way out of the house. Hubby gave me a final</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>stare in the eye and followed mother down the stairs.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>For three days, hubby did not return home, not even a phone call. I was so</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>furious, since mother arrived; I had been trying my best and putting up</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>with her, what else do you want me to do? For no reason, I keep having the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>feeling to throw up and I simply have not appetite for food, coupled with</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>all the events happening at home, I was at the low point in my life.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Finally, a colleague said: "LD, you look terrible, you should go and see a</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>doctor."</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>The doctor confirmed that I am pregnant. Now it became clear to me why I</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>threw up that fateful morning, a sense of sadness floated through that</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>otherwise happy news. Why didn't hubby, and mother who had been through</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>this before, thought of the possibility of this being the reason that day?</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>At the hospital entrance, I saw my hubby standing there. It had only been</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>three days, but he looked haggard. I had wanted to turn and leave, but one</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>look at him and my heart soften, I couldn't resist and called out to him.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>He followed my voice and finally found me but he pretended that he doesn't</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>know me; he has that disgusted look in his eyes that cut right through my</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>heart.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>I told myself not to look at him anymore, and hail a cab. At that moment, I</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>have such a strong urge inside me to shout to my hubby: "Darling, I am</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>having your baby!" and have him lift me up and spin me round in circles of</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>joy. What I wanted didn't happen and as I sat in the cab, my tears started</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>rolling down. Why? Why our love couldn't even withstand the test of one</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>fight? Back home, I lay on the bed thinking about my hubby, and the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>disgusted look in his eyes. I cried and wet the corner of the blanket.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>That night, sound of the drawers opening woke me up. I switched on the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>lights and I saw hubby with tears rolling down his face. He was removing</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>the money. I stared at him in silence; he ignored me, took the bank deposit</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>book and some money and left the house. Maybe he really intends to leave me</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>for good. What a rational man, so clear cut in love and money matters. I</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>gave a few dried laugh and tears starting streaming down again.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>The next day, I did not go to work. I wanted to clear this out and have a</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>good talk with hubby. I reached his office and his secretary gave me a</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>weird look and said: "Mr Tan's mother had a traffic accident and is now in</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>the hospital." I stood there in shock. I rushed to the hospital and by the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>time I found hubby, mother had already passed away. Hubby did not look at</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>me, his face was expressionless.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>I looked at mother's pale white and thin face and I couldn't control the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>tears in my eyes. My god, how could this happen? Throughout the furneral,</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>hubby did say a single word to me, with only the occasional disgusted stare</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>at me. I only managed to find out brief facts about the accident from other</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>people. That day, after mother left the house, she walked in dazed toward</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>the bus stop, apparently intending to go back to her old house back in the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>country-side. As hubby ran after her, she tried to walk faster and as she</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>tried to cross the street, a public bus came and hit her...</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>I finally understood how much hubby must hate me, if I had not thrown up</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>that morning, if we had not quarreled, if...</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>In his heart, I am indirectly the killer of his mother.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Part 2 and end...</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Hubby moved into mother's room and came home every night with a strong</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>liquor smell on him. And me, I am buried under the guilt and self pity and</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>could hardly breathe. I wanted to explain to him, tell him that we are</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>going to have our baby soon, but each time, I saw the dead look in his</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>eyes, all the words I have at the brink of my mouth just fell back in. I</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>had rather he hit me real hard or give me a big and thorough scolding</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>though none of these events happening had been my fault at all.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Many days of suffocating silence went by and as the days went by, hubby</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>came home later and later. The deadlock between us continues, we were</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>living together like strangers who don't know each other. I am like the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>dead knot in his heart.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>One day, I passed by a western restaurant, looking into the glass window, I</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>saw hubby and a girl sitting facing each other and he very lightly brushed</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>her hair for her, I understood what it meant. After recovering from that</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>moment of shock, I entered the restaurant, stood in front of my hubby and</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>stared hard at him, not a tear in my eyes. I have nothing to say to him,</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>and there is no need to say anything.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>The girl looked at me, looks at hubby, stands up and wanted to go, hubby</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>stretched out his hand and stopped her. He stared back at me, challenging</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>me. I can only hear my slow heart beat, beating, one by one as if at the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>brink of death. I eventually backed down, if I had stood that any longer, I</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>will collapse together with the baby inside me.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>That night, he did not come home, he had chosen to use that as a way to</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>indicate to me: Following mother's death, so did our love for each other.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>He did not come home anymore after that. Sometimes, when I returned home</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>from work, I can tell that the cupboard had been touched - he had returned</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>to take some of his stuff.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>I no longer wish to call him; the initial desire to explain everything to</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>him vanished.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>I lived alone; I go for my medical checkups alone, my heart breaks again</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>and again every time I see a guy carefully helping his wife through the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>physical examination. My office colleagues hinted to me to consider</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>aborting the baby, I told them No, I will not. I insisted on having to this</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>baby, perhaps it is my way of repaying mother for causing her death.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>One day, I came home and I saw hubby sitting in the living room. The whole</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>house was filled with cigarette smoke. On the coffee table, there was this</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>piece of paper. I know what it is all about without even looking at it.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>In the two months plus of living alone, I have gradually learned to find</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>peace within myself. I looked at him, removed my hat and said: "You wait a</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>while, I will sign." He looked at me, mixed feelings in his eyes, just like</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>mine. As I hang up my coat, I keep repeating to myself "You cannot cry, you</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>cannot cry..." my eyes hurt terribly, but I refused to let tears come out</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>from there.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>After I hung up my coat, hubby's eyes stared fixed at my bulging tummy. I</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>smiled, walked over to the coffee table and pull e paper towards me.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Without even looking at what it says, I signed my name on it and pushed the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>paper to him.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>"LD, you are pregnant?"</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Since mother's accident, this is the first time he spoke to me. I could not</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>control my tears any further and they fell like raindrops. I said: "Yes,</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>but its ok, you can leave now." He did not go, in the dark, we sat, facing</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>each other.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Hubby slowly moved over me, his tears wet the blanket. In my heart,</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>everything seem so far away, so far that even if I sprint, I could never</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>reach them.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>I cannot remember how many times he repeated "sorry" to me, I had</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>originally thought that I would forgive him, but now I can't. In the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>western restaurant, in front of that girl, that cold cold look in his eyes,</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>I will never forget, ever. We have drawn such deep deep scares in each</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>other's heart. For me, its unintentional; for him, totally intentional.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>I had been waiting for this moment of reconciliation, but I realized now,</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>what had gone past is gone forever and could not repeated! Other than the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>thought of the baby inside me that would bring some warmth to my heart, I</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>am totally cold towards him, I no longer eat anything he buys for me, I</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>don't take any presents from him and I stopped talking to him. From the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>moment I signed on that piece of paper, marriage and love had vanished from</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>my heart.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Sometimes, hubby will try to come into the bedroom, but when he walks in, I</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>will walk out to the living room. He had no choice but to sleep in mother's</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>room. At night, from his room, I can hear light sounds of groaning, I kept</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>quiet. This used to be his trick; last time, whenever I ignore him, he</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>would fake illness and I will surrender and find out what is wrong with</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>him, he would then grab me and laugh. He have forgotten that last time, I</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>cared for him and am concerned because there is love, but now, what is</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>there between us?</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Hubby's groaning came on and off continuing all the way till baby was born.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Almost everyday, he would buy something for the baby, infant products,</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>children products and books that kids like to read. Bags and bags of it</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>stacked inside his room till it is full. I know he is trying to use this to</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>reach out to me, but I am no longer moved by his actions. He has no choice</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>but to lock himself in his room and I can hear his typing away on his</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>computer keyboard, maybe he is now addicted to web surfing, but none of</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>that matters to me anymore.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>It was sometime towards the end of spring in the following year, one late</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>night, I screamed because of a sudden stomach pain, hubby came rushing into</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>the room, its like he did not change and sleep, and had been waiting for</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>this moment. He carried me and ran down the stairs, stopped a car, holding</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>my hand very tightly and kept wiping the sweat off my brown, throughout the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>journey to the hospital. Once we reached the hospital, he carried me and</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>hurried into the delivery suite.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Lying on the back of his skinny but warmth body, a thought crossed my mind:</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>In my lifetime, who else would love me as much as he did?</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>He held the delivery suite door opened and watch me go in, his warm eyes</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>caused me to managed a smile at him despite my contraction pain.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Coming out of the delivery room, hubby looked at me and our son, his eyes</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>tear with joy and he kept smiling. I reached out and touched his hand.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Hubby looked at me, smiling and then he slowly collapsed onto the floor. I</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>cried out for him in pain... He smiled, but without opening that tired eyes</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>of his... I had thought that I would never shed any tear for him, but the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>truth is, I have never felt a deeper pain cutting through my body at that</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>moment.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Doctor said that by the time hubby discovered he had liver cancer, it was</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>already in terminal stage and it was a miracle that he managed to last this</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>long. I asked the doctor when did he first discover he had cancer? Doctor</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>said about 5 months ago and consoled me saying: "Prepare for his funeral."</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>I disregarded the nurse's objection and rushed home, I went into his room</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>and checked his computer, and a suffocating pain hits me.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Hubby's cancer was discovered 5 months ago, his groaning was real, and I</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>had thought that... the computer showed over 200 thousand words he wrote</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>for our son: "Son, just for you, I have persisted, to be able to take a</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>look at you before I fall, is my biggest wish now... I know that in your</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>life, you will have many happiness and maybe some setbacks, if only I can</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>accompany you throughout that journey, how nice would it be. But daddy now</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>no long has that chance. Daddy has written inside here all the possible</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>difficulties and problems you may encounter during your lifetime, when you</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>meet with these problems, you can refer to daddy's suggestion... Son, after</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>writing these 200 thousand words, I feel as if I have accompanied you</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>t hrough your life journey. To be honest, daddy is very happy. Do love your</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>mother, she has suffered, she is the one who loves you most and also the</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>one who loves me most..."</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>From play school to primary school, to secondary, university, to work and</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>even in dealing with questions of love, everything big and small was</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>written there.</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Hubby has also written a letter for me:</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>"My dear, to marry you is my biggest happiness, forgive me for the pain I</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>have caused you, forgive me for not telling you my illness, because I want</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>to see you be in a joyful mood waiting for the arrival of our baby... My</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>dear, if you cried, it means that you have forgiven me and I would smile,</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>thank you for loving me... These presents, I'm afraid I cannot give them to</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>our son personally, could you help me to give some of them to him every</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>year, the dates on what to give when are all written on the packaging..."</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>Going back to the hospital, hubby is still in coma. I brought our son over</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>and place him beside him. I said: "Open your eyes and smile, I want our son</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>to remember being in the warmth of your arms..."</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>He struggled to open his eyes and managed a weak smile. Our son still in</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>his arms was happily waving his tiny hands in the air. I press the button</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>on the camera and the sound of the shutter rang thought the air as tears</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>slowly rolled down my face...</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P><FONT size=3>The end...</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3> </FONT></P></FONT>
发表于 22-7-2004 09:03:40|来自: | 显示全部楼层
小狮租房
i cried after read this story every time.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-7-2004 13:38:10|来自: | 显示全部楼层
<P>seems tt u always put up long stories here</P><P>but they r realli gd, full of info for us ~`</P><P>like them</P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 26-7-2004 12:02:27|来自: | 显示全部楼层
u are good at translation, i read the story in mandrin. I respect u, that u can do it almost as the origin article....
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 27-7-2004 16:11:07|来自: | 显示全部楼层
i am moved.............
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 16-8-2004 11:32:26|来自: | 显示全部楼层
A bit busy now, later i will read it later..
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 16-8-2004 16:46:19|来自: | 显示全部楼层
so long and so many people chatting with me now ..sorry, i cant finish the reading...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 16-8-2004 18:34:23|来自: | 显示全部楼层
<P>read before...but still remember the pain and sadness lingering in my heart after i finished reading......</P><P>indeed,, eventhough sometimes we are too busy to understand ppl we still have to put in effort to understand eachother......</P><P>if not.. regret wont help, tear wont help, broken-heart wont help......</P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-8-2004 10:30:09|来自: | 显示全部楼层
<P>read chinese version before, a really sad story. It's another impact when reading it again. excellent translation. </P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-8-2004 12:59:06|来自: | 显示全部楼层
<P>Sigh...</P><P>life tragedy....</P><P>I am not talking about his illness, thats not changeable by the time; But very previously, they should have communicated with each other, to make self understood, instead of suspecting whats happening...</P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 小程序 返回顶部 返回列表