新加坡狮城论坛

12下一页
返回列表 发帖 付费广告
查看: 2358|回复: 19

a very beautifully written script---A Couresan's Confession

[复制链接]
发表于 1-9-2004 22:27:02|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
<P>the following paragraphs from a movie named Dangerous Beauty... it reflects how people in antient Italy see women......women then were proud of not being educated as the only educated and delicated ladies were courtesans (aka prostitutes)...Sadly...Madly...the following is a courtesan's confession on how she loves a man who had a higher social status...</P>
<P><FONT color=#614db3 size=3><EM>I confess that there is a young girl...
I loved a man who could not marry me ...</EM></FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#614db3 size=3><EM>I confess that I had a mother who taught me a different way of life what I resisted it first but learnt to embrace.</EM></FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#614db3 size=3><EM>I confess that I became a courtesan, trading with many power, welcome many rather than be owned by one.</EM></FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#614db3 size=3><EM>I confess that I embrace a harlot's freedom than a wife's obedience.</EM></FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#614db3 size=3><EM>I confess that I find more ecstasy and passion than in prayer...such passion is prayer</EM></FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#614db3 size=3><EM>I confess that I pray still to feel the touch of my lover's lips, his hands upon me, his arms in front of me.</EM></FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#614db3 size=3><EM>Such surrender has been mine</EM></FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#614db3 size=3><EM>I confess that I hunger still to be filled and inflamed, to melt into the dream of us, beyond this trouble place, to where we are not even ourselves, to know that it always, always this is mine.
If this is not been mine, if I lived another way: the child, you are the husband's ?wim. My soul hardens for lack of touch and lack of love,</EM></FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#614db3 size=3><EM>I confess such endless days and nights would be punishment for greater than any you could make out.</EM></FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#614db3 size=3><EM>You, all of you...you who hunger so for what i gave but could not bear to see such power in a woman. You call God's greatest gift...ourselves, our ?, our needs of love, you call it filth and sin and harasy.</EM></FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#614db3 size=3><EM>I repent there is no other way open to me, I do not repent my life.</EM></FONT></P>
发表于 1-9-2004 22:28:17|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
小狮租房
<P>i rewind this part again and again......just to catch what she said,,,verbatim.....</P><P>nice sentences...</P><P>strong and powerful "confession"......</P><P>touching story...</P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 1-9-2004 23:04:45|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
i have watched this movie b4, yeah..it's a touching story. i like that courtesan very much...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2-9-2004 02:11:03|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
i dunno about the movie....but from your words i can sense the heart of the couresan...what a weird society!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 6-9-2004 09:57:07|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<P>the reality is cruel...</P><P>not only the courtesans, all of the people then were victims of the culture..</P><P>it is ridiculous</P><P>but without the absurdity, there will be no stories...</P><P>so...</P><P>contradiction...</P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 6-9-2004 18:20:47|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
human's history is the process of creating, editing and destroying...so we can see the progressive in happening every minute..that is a tragedy...but luckily...we dun need to see it happen again
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 7-9-2004 00:51:52|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
even i dunno..how can you know ah?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 7-9-2004 00:48:02|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
Just like in chuch singing song
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 7-9-2004 10:53:41|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<P>this kind of thing still happen in somewhere </P><P>i saw this story from the book...</P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 8-9-2004 00:24:18|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
well...you all are literature fans...i am too naive and superficial la...[em04]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 小程序 返回顶部 返回列表