新加坡狮城论坛

返回列表 发帖 付费广告
楼主: peterpanli

你的英语程度能够理解这个吗?

[复制链接]
发表于 25-7-2005 02:52:21|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<DIV class=quote><B>以下是引用<I>okaylah</I>在2005-7-23 16:45:32的发言:</B>
it seems to me that 'crappy' threads are very often woven not because people really have something to say but they want to establish their existence. They need to have it acknowledged or recognized. By saying something, even it is a piece of crap, they feel that they are asserting their existence.</DIV>
<P>Oh well, there's plenty of ways to make their presence felt (not "asserting their existence", grammatically and semantically incorrect, sorry to say that).
<P>By the way, I was not scolding her for crapping, coz I was making use of her crap to crap on my own. Therefore, it was juz my natural instinct to unleash some discontent derived from my mundane life, when I see some sparks of inspiration from the most trivial crappy thread unconsciously produced by that carp =)
<P>No offence to anyone, and I would like to appreciate carp for her continual effort in practising English. Her improvement is quite remarkable and commendable. Let's give a round of applause to her!!!</P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 25-7-2005 02:52:21|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
小狮租房
<DIV class=quote><B>以下是引用<I>okaylah</I>在2005-7-23 16:45:32的发言:</B>
it seems to me that 'crappy' threads are very often woven not because people really have something to say but they want to establish their existence. They need to have it acknowledged or recognized. By saying something, even it is a piece of crap, they feel that they are asserting their existence.</DIV>
<P>Oh well, there's plenty of ways to make their presence felt (not "asserting their existence", grammatically and semantically incorrect, sorry to say that).
<P>By the way, I was not scolding her for crapping, coz I was making use of her crap to crap on my own. Therefore, it was juz my natural instinct to unleash some discontent derived from my mundane life, when I see some sparks of inspiration from the most trivial crappy thread unconsciously produced by that carp =)
<P>No offence to anyone, and I would like to appreciate carp for her continual effort in practising English. Her improvement is quite remarkable and commendable. Let's give a round of applause to her!!!</P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 25-7-2005 03:53:40|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
have a look
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 25-7-2005 11:38:13|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<P>haha~~ thank you, MonSapius. glad to see your encouragement.</P><P>yea, i m doing all my best to improve my poor english in different ways. and i like to come here coz u, okayla, prince little fish, whoo and other people here are very kind. nice talking with ur guys.</P>[em04]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 25-7-2005 14:06:59|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
so far so good[em01]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 26-7-2005 01:55:49|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
=)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 27-7-2005 01:26:47|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层

你的英语程度能够理解这个吗?

<DIV class=quote><B>以下是引用<I>MonSapius</I>在2005-7-25 2:52:21的发言:</B>

</P></DIV>
<P>I'm sorry to hear that you find the clause '...they feel that they are asserting their existence. ' grammatically and semantically incorrect. 'To assert one's existence' means to declare forcefully one's presence and I believe the collocation (assert and existence) expresses the idea succinctly and unequivocally.</P>
<P>Or is this remark another one of your naturally instinctive outbursts of discontent about your mundane life?</P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 28-7-2005 21:41:33|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
[em08]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 30-7-2005 01:36:43|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
[em04]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 31-7-2005 12:53:55|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
Great!! Absolutely correct!!!