[UseMoney=500]
<br>[/UseMoney]
[此贴子已经被作者于2006-3-2 23:16:13编辑过]

大猫

大猫
发表于 3-3-2006 09:30:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
小狮租房
<P><STRONG><FONT size=4>《六人行》Friends读书笔记-典故与习惯用语第一季(13-24)</FONT></STRONG> </P>
<P>【113】The One With The Boobies <br><br>我爱CHANDLER's <br>1. Phoebe: I know, I know. So sweet... and so complicated. And for a shrink, he's not too shrinky, y'know? <br>Shrink: 精神科医师;a physician who specializes in psychiatry <br>Shrinky:神经质的 <br><br>2. Mr. Tribbiani: Just for a coupla days. I got a job midtown. I figure I'm better off staying with the kid than hauling my ass back and forth on the ferry. (Sees Roger) I don't know this one. <br>Haul ass: To move extremely quickly, to move at an expeditious rate. 主要是美国南部的人这么说。 <br><br>3. Ross: Alright, alright. We're all adults here, there's only one way to resolve this. Since you saw her boobies, I think, uh, you're gonna have to show her your peepee. <br>Chandler: Y'know, I don't see that happening? <br>Rachel: C'mon, he's right. Tit for tat. <br>Tit for tat:以牙还牙,一报还一报 <br><br>4. Monica: Y'know, all these years, I thought you were on my side. But maybe what you were doing was sucking up to Mom and Dad so they'd keep liking you better! <br>Suck up to sb.: 讨好某人 <br><br>5. Ronni: Now, y'see, most people, when their pets pass on, they want 'em sorta laid out like they're sleeping. But occasionally you get your person who wants them in a pose. Like, chasing their tail, (Demonstrates) or, uh, jumping to catch a frisbee. <br>Laid out: get drunk; 喝醉了; <br><br>6. Chandler: No. You decided to go into the out-of-work actor business. Now that wasn't easy, but you did it! And I'd like to believe that when the right woman comes along, you will have the courage and the guts to say "No thanks, I'm married." <br>Out-of-work : jobless, idle <br><br>7. Mrs. Tribbiani: Of course I knew! What did you think? Your father is no James Bond. You should've heard some of his cover stories. "I'm sleeping over at my accountant's," I mean, what is that? Please! <br>Cover stories: 指JOEY父亲编造的理由,谎话 <br>Sleep over: stay overnight; 过夜 <br><br>8. Monica: Hello, Joey. (She whips back the curtain to reveal Joey's dad) <br>Mr. Tribbiani: Oh! ...Hello, dear. (She whips the curtain shut in horror) <br>Whip: To take or move by a sudden motion; to jerk; to snatch;在这里我理解是“猛地拉开”。那么whip back就是猛地拉回的意思了。 <br>shut in:笼罩在 <br><br>9. rock, hard place, me. Chandler这话是句成语“进退维谷” <br>他的意思是:我现在站在一块巨大的石头和一个很难挪步的地方之间。想一下,自然是进退都难吧。 <br><br>10.clear the tracks就是扫清道路,Joey叫Phoebe闪开别挡道,别妨碍他报复Rachel上回看到他洗澡naked的事,没必要直译吧,差不多意思就行了 <br>Clear the tracks for the boobie payback express. 别挡在我兑现boobie的快捷通道上 <br><br>11.And I always figured, when the right one comes along, I'd be able to be a stand-up guy and go the distance... <br>be the stand-up guy是否可以理解为我就会挺身而出 <br>go the distance 类似于go out of one's way to do sth 不辞辛劳地做什么事 <br>Joey虽然表面上看起来很花心,但他对real love &amp;Ms Right 也有着自己的执着,而他爸的外遇行为伤了他的心,不仅是对他妈的不忠,也打击了他对real love 美好的梦想 <br>joey 说的 a stand-up guy 应该是指一个能站得起来,靠得住的堂堂男子汉,能勇敢面对的人 <br>go the distance <br>美国传统词典 “To carry a course of action through to completion.” <br>另外Babylon上的解释如下“fishish the race, complete the course” <br>例句为“If Mat begins a project, he'll go the distance---he'll complete it." <br>我想Joey的意思应该是他会和那个人白头偕老的意思吧。 <br></P>[RM=480,360,true]http://http://220.181.27.54/m?ct=134217728&amp;tn=baidumt,最爱%20%20dearest%20犬夜叉&amp;word=mp3,http://www.77play.com.cn/comic/comic/manage/music/upload/4if5HefzZJyWk6WZqKoOJuHgYPzjCPDqFzI$.mp3,,[%B1%F5%C6%E9%B2%BD]&amp;lm=16777216[/RM]
[此贴子已经被作者于2006-3-3 16:36:19编辑过]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-3-2006 16:04:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
【118】The One With All The Poker <BR><BR>1.On Poker <BR>The One With All The Poker 是很多Friends迷的最爱,诙谐幽默自不待言,其中还不乏朋友、情人间的相互支持的动人场面。只是其中的poker术语太多,有时真是不知所云。整理了部分出来,也许以后在宿舍楼道中的某个poker night中,你还能脱口而出两句呐! <BR>(Poker night is a night during which several people gather to play poker. For example: Are you going to come over for my poker night? It's Wednesday and we're starting at 8:00.) <BR>先从基本名词开始吧! <BR>Suits就是我们说的花色,4个花色分别是黑桃(spades),红桃(hearts),方片(diamonds)和梅花(clubs)。洗牌是shuffle,reshuffle也是个常用词,特别在政治新闻里,说某个政党或政府要重组,也是reshuffle。抓牌是 draw card,出牌是 deal card。 <BR>下注一般是bet,下注时的那个红,兰色的小片片叫chip。monica说的“No blinds, everybody ante”中,ante和blinds都是下注的方式。ante是出牌(deal)前所下的注,而且不算作下回赌注中的一部分;blinds则恰恰相反,在不看自己的下一张牌时就下注,而且会成为下次赌注的一部分。 <BR>跟不跟是“in or out”,不玩了就说“I fold.”,我跟着你下注,“I am seeing you,I’ll see a bet。”Raise表示提高赌注,在一个limit game中(赌注有上限), 通常是raise the bet to the limit. Call是与对方的注持平(match a bet)如:“I’m calling you.” <BR>一手牌(hand)比大小时,four of kind&gt;full house&gt;flush&gt;straight。Four of kind是4张一样的,大概相当于4个炸弹。Full House是指5张牌中有3张一样的(3个k)和2张一样的(2个3),flush是5张牌都是同花不连成一句话,straight flush是同花顺,Straight是5张牌连成一句话(56789),但不同花色。 <BR>说到Monica提到的Cincinnati,这是一种家庭扑克牌(Home game)的玩法,又称之为Utah, Lamebrains, or California,widow game 和southern cross也与此相似。Cincinnati 的具体玩法是每个人都发5张牌,牌底朝下(face down),剩下的牌则放在桌子中央。先下一轮注(a round of betting),然后由牌童(houseman)或发牌人(dealer)揭开桌子中央底牌底(turn up the central card),每揭开一张又下一轮注, 在最后一张牌揭晓时(showdown),每个玩家选用他手上最好的5张牌比大小。 <BR>play for high stakes ——to risk a lot of money in a game  <BR>bluff —— to pretend you have better cards than you really do in a game of poker  <BR><BR>2.Rachel: Settle what? <BR>Chandler: The... Jamestown colony of Virginia. You see, King George is giving us the land, so... <BR>Jamestown —— a town, established in 1607, in the U.S. state of Virginia which was the first town built by English people who went to live in North America  <BR><BR>3.Monica: Yeah, I know. He can get really competitive. <BR>Phoebe: Ha. Ha, ha. <BR>Monica: What? <BR>Phoebe: Oh, hello, kettle? This is Monica. You're black. ) <BR>最后一句的意思是“五十步笑百步。”摘录sogo做的详解如下: <BR>A:There's an old saying: "It's like the pot calling the kettle black." It was coined when most pots and pans were made of iron and, therefore, were, black. It means that you're accusing someone of something that really is reflective of you -- much like "It takes one to know one." <BR>Does that help?--From leeni <BR>详解:古语有云,"It's like the pot calling the kettle black."乌鸦笑猪黑,“罐子笑壶黑”,因为很多铁制炊具为黑色。意思是,你在嘲讽别人时,其实自己也一样,就好像说,"It takes one to know one", 彼此彼此。 <BR>这里rach先说ross让人难以忍受,mon附议说,他有时的确让人发疯;pheebs就讽刺她说,乌鸦笑猪黑,你还不是一样。 <BR><BR>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-3-2006 16:03:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
1. you'd be starin' at the business end of a hissy fit. <BR>如果你在我生日时做出这样的事,那你看见的就是一个刚受过气的人(不会给你什么好脸色)。 <BR>have a hissy fit 意思是因为一些事情(通常是小事)而发彪,生气(freak out) <BR>the business end就是the receiving end,承受方,即受害人,被攻击目标,或承受不愉快事情的人,受气包.... <BR>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-3-2006 16:05:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
4.It's gotta be like chips, or dip, or pretz.. <BR>是pretzel,这是两个音节的食物  <BR><BR>5.little playthings with yarn? 接ROSS的who makes me.. 能给你做小绒线玩具? <BR>ROSS看RACH走神,都忘了自己该说什么,CHAN就接了这么一句。 <BR><BR>6.Could you want her more? 你还能怎么想她? 意思是ROSS已经想追求RACH想得不行了。 <BR><BR>7.Dee, the sarcastic sister from Whats Happening <BR>ROSS明知道CHAN在说RACH,还装傻问是谁(Who? ),CHAN就说, <BR>是Dee,“Whats Happening ”里面哪个犀利的小妹妹。 <BR>意思是,你说是谁,你还嫌我讽刺你讽刺得不够是不是。 <BR>“Whats Happening ”是美国七八时年代的一部情景喜剧,讲一个黑人家庭的事, 有些类似“Happy Days”,具体没有看过,不知道little playthings with yarn跟这部戏有没有关系。 <BR><BR>8.Cross-Eyed Mary 这好象是来自于IRON MAIDEN的一首歌 <BR>是不是这样啊,女孩们刚学的扑克招数里有个eye contact trick,往左斜眼代表“缺梅花”之类的,男孩们就把这个trick戏称做Cross-Eyed Mary <BR>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-3-2006 15:53:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
【113】The One With The Boobies <BR><BR>我爱CHANDLER's <BR>1. Phoebe: I know, I know. So sweet... and so complicated. And for a shrink, he's not too shrinky, y'know? <BR>Shrink: 精神科医师;a physician who specializes in psychiatry <BR>Shrinky:神经质的 <BR><BR>2. Mr. Tribbiani: Just for a coupla days. I got a job midtown. I figure I'm better off staying with the kid than hauling my ass back and forth on the ferry. (Sees Roger) I don't know this one. <BR>Haul ass: To move extremely quickly, to move at an expeditious rate. 主要是美国南部的人这么说。 <BR><BR>3. Ross: Alright, alright. We're all adults here, there's only one way to resolve this. Since you saw her boobies, I think, uh, you're gonna have to show her your peepee. <BR>Chandler: Y'know, I don't see that happening? <BR>Rachel: C'mon, he's right. Tit for tat. <BR>Tit for tat:以牙还牙,一报还一报 <BR><BR>4. Monica: Y'know, all these years, I thought you were on my side. But maybe what you were doing was sucking up to Mom and Dad so they'd keep liking you better! <BR>Suck up to sb.: 讨好某人 <BR><BR>5. Ronni: Now, y'see, most people, when their pets pass on, they want 'em sorta laid out like they're sleeping. But occasionally you get your person who wants them in a pose. Like, chasing their tail, (Demonstrates) or, uh, jumping to catch a frisbee. <BR>Laid out: get drunk; 喝醉了; <BR>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-3-2006 15:54:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
6. Chandler: No. You decided to go into the out-of-work actor business. Now that wasn't easy, but you did it! And I'd like to believe that when the right woman comes along, you will have the courage and the guts to say "No thanks, I'm married." <BR>Out-of-work : jobless, idle <BR><BR>7. Mrs. Tribbiani: Of course I knew! What did you think? Your father is no James Bond. You should've heard some of his cover stories. "I'm sleeping over at my accountant's," I mean, what is that? Please! <BR>Cover stories: 指JOEY父亲编造的理由,谎话 <BR>Sleep over: stay overnight; 过夜 <BR><BR>8. Monica: Hello, Joey. (She whips back the curtain to reveal Joey's dad) <BR>Mr. Tribbiani: Oh! ...Hello, dear. (She whips the curtain shut in horror) <BR>Whip: To take or move by a sudden motion; to jerk; to snatch;在这里我理解是“猛地拉开”。那么whip back就是猛地拉回的意思了。 <BR>shut in:笼罩在 <BR><BR>9. rock, hard place, me. Chandler这话是句成语“进退维谷” <BR>他的意思是:我现在站在一块巨大的石头和一个很难挪步的地方之间。想一下,自然是进退都难吧。 <BR><BR>10.clear the tracks就是扫清道路,Joey叫Phoebe闪开别挡道,别妨碍他报复Rachel上回看到他洗澡naked的事,没必要直译吧,差不多意思就行了 <BR>Clear the tracks for the boobie payback express. 别挡在我兑现boobie的快捷通道上 <BR><BR>11.And I always figured, when the right one comes along, I'd be able to be a stand-up guy and go the distance... <BR>be the stand-up guy是否可以理解为我就会挺身而出 <BR>go the distance 类似于go out of one's way to do sth 不辞辛劳地做什么事 <BR>Joey虽然表面上看起来很花心,但他对real love &amp;Ms Right 也有着自己的执着,而他爸的外遇行为伤了他的心,不仅是对他妈的不忠,也打击了他对real love 美好的梦想 <BR>joey 说的 a stand-up guy 应该是指一个能站得起来,靠得住的堂堂男子汉,能勇敢面对的人 <BR>go the distance <BR>美国传统词典 “To carry a course of action through to completion.” <BR>另外Babylon上的解释如下“fishish the race, complete the course” <BR>例句为“If Mat begins a project, he'll go the distance---he'll complete it." <BR>我想Joey的意思应该是他会和那个人白头偕老的意思吧。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-3-2006 15:56:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
【114】The One With The Candy Hearts <BR><BR>我爱CHANDLER's <BR>1. Woman: Hi, Ross. <BR>Ross: Hey. (stutters something incoherent) <BR>Chandler: Come on, Ross, you gotta get back in the game here, ok? The Rachel thing's not happening, your ex-wife is a lesbian—I don't think we need a third... <BR>stutters something incoherent:结结巴巴,语无伦次 <BR><BR>2. Chandler: Oh, uh, listen, about tonight... <BR>Joey: No, no, no, don't you dare bail on me. The only reason she's goin' out with me is because I said I could bring a friend for her friend. <BR>don't you dare bail on me: 你敢背叛我? <BR>Bail on sb.: 背叛某人。 <BR>在115中,MONICA还说过一次:Wendy bailed. I have no waitress. WENDY食言了。我没有女招待了。 <BR><BR>3. Chandler: Oh, what a crappy night! <BR>Crappy = terrible <BR><BR>4. Janice: Although, I have enjoyed the fact that, uh your shirt's been stickin' outta your zipper ever since you came back from the bathroom. <BR>stickin' outta your zipper = sticking out of your zipper; stick out 凸出来,露出来 <BR><BR>5. Chandler: Excuse me. (gets up, jumps up and down while he zips his zipper up... other patrons look at him) How ya doin'? <BR>patron = regular customer <BR><BR>6.Cha-ching is a slang expression for the sound old style cash registers make on a sale total <BR><BR>7. stick a pin 就像用大头针把什么东西固定住,也就是保持这个话题, <BR>基调,forget about the fact of her being lesbian for the moment,this is the line they had drawn before they started this conversation,so they should not cross that line during the conversation. <BR><BR>8. shoot the spot:crack the tough things, solve the problems <BR>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-3-2006 15:56:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
【115】The One With The Stoned Guy <BR><BR>我爱CHANDLER's <BR>1. Chandler: So, it's a typical day at work. I'm inputting my numbers, and big Al calls me into his office and tells me he wants to make me processing supervisor. <BR>Big AL: 老板 <BR><BR>2. Phoebe: Where are you going, Mr. Suity-Man? <BR>Chandler: Well, I have an appointment to see Dr. Robert Pillman, career counselor a-gogo. (pause) I added the "a-gogo." <BR>Mr. Suity-Man:衣冠楚楚,人模人样的 <BR>"go-go," comes from "à go-go," which is "French, 'in a joyful manner,' from 'gogo,' probably reduplication of the first syllable of 'gogue,' merriment, from Old French" (Amer. Heritage Dict., 1969). <BR>a gogo :一个很搞笑,很有趣的人或事 <BR><BR>3. Joey: I'm telling you, that monkey is a chick magnet! She's going to take one look at his furry, cute little face and it'll seal the deal. <BR>chick magnet: A man who attracts women the way a magnet attracts iron shavings. 象磁场一样吸引女人的人。 <BR><BR>4. Joey: You're not going to believe this! <BR>Chandler: It's OK. It's OK. I was always rooting for you two kids to get together. <BR>root for sb. to do sth.: 赞成某人做某事 <BR><BR>5. Play hardball :玩儿狠的,来狠的,来硬的, <BR>Definition: to act aggressively and seriously, without sympathy for the other side <BR>Examples of use: <BR>The government promises to play hardball with companies who cheat in business. <BR>In the past, it was okay for a renter to be late in payments – now the landlord is playing hardball, and evicting families after one late payment. <BR><BR>6. Phoebe: (excited) Wow! It's huge! It's so much bigger than the cubicle. Oh, this is a cube. <BR>Cubicle: 这里指办公室一格一格的小办公空间 <BR>------------------ <BR>1.seal the deal这里该讲成“搞定” <BR><BR>2.blazed up a doobie;Smoked a joint;lit a bone;Weed;Hemp;Ganja;pot :都是“吸大麻” <BR><BR>3. he is stoned 吸毒以后兴奋 <BR>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-3-2006 15:58:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
<br>
[此贴子已经被作者于2006-3-3 16:02:06编辑过]
ceaaxNFU.jpg
CfxhQ7FU.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆

本版积分规则