新加坡狮城论坛

返回列表 发帖 付费广告
查看: 1330|回复: 0

听力小词经典100例

[复制链接]
发表于 2-3-2006 23:33:00|来自:广东深圳 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1,a change of pace 节奏变换 <BR>You can’t do these chemistry experiments all day long. You certainly need a change of pace. <BR><BR>2, a far cry from 相距甚远 <BR>The published book is far cry from the early manuscript. <BR><BR>3, and how 的确 <BR>A: She’s a good dancer. <BR>B: and how. <BR><BR>4, a matter of time 时间问题 <BR>It is only a matter of time. <BR><BR>5, a phone call away 一个电话之远,愿意过来帮忙。 <BR>If you need my help, do let me know. Just remember I am a phone call away. <BR><BR>6, a while back 不久以前 <BR><BR>7,all along 一直 <BR>I knew it all along. <BR><BR>8, anything but 绝对不 <BR>I was anything but happy about going. <BR><BR>9, account for 解释 <BR>How do you account for it? <BR><BR>10, after all 到底 <BR>A: I’ve just seen the X-rays and your teeth look just fine, <BR>B: I see. Then there is nothing to worry about after all. <BR><BR>11, allergic to 对|……过敏 <BR>Oh man! Something in this room is making my eyes itch. I must be allergic to something. <BR><BR>12, at sb’s service 愿为某人服务 <BR>I am at your service at any time. <BR><BR>13, around the clock 24小时不停 <BR>Martha studied around the clock for management exam. <BR><BR>14, as far as I know 就我所知 <BR><BR>15,at home with 对…..很熟悉 <BR>She is at home with problems like this. <BR><BR>16, back out <BR>1) 退出 <BR>A: Wasn’t Bert supposed to sing tonight? <BR>B: Yes, but he backed out at last minute <BR>2)不履行 <BR>She finally backed out of her promise. <BR><BR>17, be cut out for 天生适合 <BR>I’m not cut out to be a hero. <BR><BR>18, be absorbed in <BR>She has been absorbed in a horror fiction. I can’t tear her away. <BR><BR>19, be addicted to 对……上瘾 <BR>She has been addicted to drugs for years. <BR><BR>20,be attached to 对……有感情 <BR>A: I’m amazed that you are still driving that old car of yours. I thought you would have <BR><BR>gotten rid of it years ago. <BR>B: It runs well and I’ve actually been quite attached to it. <BR><BR>21, back up <BR>1) 累积 <BR>The subway is running behind schedule, and traffic is backed up for blocks. I don’t know if we’ll make the 6:30 show. <BR>2) 支持 <BR>I’ll back it up. <BR><BR>22, be bound for 到……地方 <BR>The bus is bound for New England. <BR><BR>23, be (feel) myself 找到自我 <BR>I’m feeling myself again. <BR><BR>24, be burned up 生气 <BR>She was really burned up at the news. <BR><BR>25, be hard up for <BR>I’m hard up for clothes, but I have a lot of books. <BR><BR>26, be head and shoulders above 好许多 <BR>In calculus, Joe is head and shoulders above his classmates. <BR><BR>27,be in the dark 蒙在鼓里 <BR>A: Do you have any idea what his notice is about? <BR>B: I’m as in the dark as you are. <BR><BR>28,be stuck 卡住了 <BR>I can’t get this window open. It’s stuck. <BR><BR>29, bite off more than one can chew. 贪多嚼不烂 <BR>A: I hear you’re taking an advanced physics course this semester. <BR>B: I think I’ve bitten off more than I can chew. <BR><BR>30, break new ground 有了新的突破 <BR>His architectural design broke new ground in the field. <BR><BR>31,benefit concert 慈善音乐会 <BR>We need to let everyone know about the benefit concert, but we don’t have much money for advertising. <BR><BR>32, busy signal 占线 <BR>I’ve been calling David for the past half hour, but I keep getting a busy signal. <BR><BR>33,between you and me 你我之间,保密 <BR><BR>34,call for <BR>A,打电话找 <BR>Tom just called for you. <BR>B,预报 <BR>The forecast calls for heavy rain again tonight. Aren’t you glad we’ll be getting away from this for a week? <BR>C,问 <BR>It’s probably in the new part of town. We’ll have to call for directions. <BR><BR>35, call it a day 就此结束 <BR>A: I’m really glad our club decides to raise money for the children’s hospital, and most of the people we’ve phoned seemed happy to contribute. <BR>B: Yeah, I agree. Now we’ve gone through all the numbers on our list now, so I guess we can call it a day. <BR><BR>36,cash the check 兑现支票 <BR>Have your sister cashed her paycheck? <BR><BR>37,clear off 收拾,整理 <BR>It’s about time we clear off the desk. <BR><BR>38,come down (雨,雪)下起来 <BR>The heavy rain is coming down, now. <BR><BR>39, come in first in the race 比赛第一名 <BR>Not only did Jill come in first in the race but she also had her best running time of the season. <BR><BR>40,come what may 不管怎样 <BR>We’ll pick you up tomorrow at eight, come what may. <BR><BR>41,cost somebody an arm and a leg <BR>A: Did you see the diamond ring Bill gave to Linda? <BR>B: I sure did. It must have cost him an arm and a leg. <BR><BR>42, cut it out 闭嘴 <BR>I told you to cut it out. <BR><BR>43,be cut out for 生来时做……的 <BR>Dr. Hamilton doesn’t feel Larry is cut out for the medical profession. <BR><BR>44,department chair 系主任 <BR>I didn’t write that memo to the department chair. <BR><BR>45,dirt cheap 非常便宜 <BR>A: You’ve already furnished your apartment? <BR>B: I’ve found some used furniture that was dirt cheap. <BR><BR>46, do with 用…..凑合; do without 没有……也行 <BR>You can do with your girlfriend. <BR>You can do without your girlfriend <BR><BR>47, dog tired 特别累,同义:run down; worn out; out of steam <BR>I’m dog tired these days. I’m working on seven articles. <BR><BR>48, down jacket 羽绒服 <BR><BR>49,drive somebody up the wall 让某人发疯;同义:drive somebody out of one’s mind <BR>The sound of all that raffic is driving me out of my mind. <BR><BR>50, fall back on 依赖 <BR>A: Were you able to understand that French novel without any help from the teacher? <BR>B: I did pretty well, but I had to fall back on my dictionary occasionally. <BR><BR>51, fill a prescription 按处方抓药 <BR>Would you please fill this prescription for me? <BR><BR>52, fill in for 代替; 同义:fill one’s place(position, shoes); take the place of; take over Say, Dave, can you fill in for me tonight at the restaurant? I’d like to go out of town. <BR><BR>53,food for thought 令人思考的东西;同义:thought-provoking <BR>There is a lot food for thought in what he had to say. <BR><BR>54,for nothing 免费 <BR>To pay to see that movie would be foolish, when you can see it on TV for nothing. <BR><BR>55,from top to bottom 从上到下 <BR>A: Maybe you lost your wallet in this room. <BR>B: I’ve searched it from top to bottom.. <BR>56, get of on the wrong foot 开始事情就做错了 <BR>I got off on the wrong foot, and I don’t have any idea which way to turn now. <BR><BR>57,get a lot out of something 从……学到很多 <BR>The training program was difficult, but she got a lot out of it. <BR><BR>58, get at 想说 <BR>Do you understand what I’m getting at? <BR><BR>59, get away with 对…..摆脱惩罚 <BR>A: Did you know that Bob is leaving for home tonight? He isn’t planning to take his final exams. <BR>B: He can’t get away with that <BR><BR>60,get going 赶紧行动; 同义:get moving <BR>A: It looks like we won’t have enough time to do all we wanted to. <BR>B: Who says we won’t? let’s get going. <BR><BR>61, get on one’s nerve 招惹某人神经了 <BR>A: Why did you come to the meeting late? I left a message with your roommate about the time change. <BR>B: She has a very short memory and it really gets on my nerve sometimes. <BR><BR>62, get started on 开始做 <BR>We should get started on the project. <BR><BR>63, get time off from work 从工作中抽时间 <BR>Oh, so she was able to get time off from the work. <BR><BR>64,give credibility to 相信 <BR>A: did you hear about Jim? <BR>B: I wouldn’t give that rumor any credibility. <BR><BR>65,go easy on 温和对待 <BR>Well, since it’s your first and only ticket, the judge will probably go easy on you. <BR><BR>66,go in one ear and out the other 一耳朵进,一耳朵出 <BR>Well, you know Mike, everything’s in one ear and out the other. <BR><BR>67,go jogging 去跑步 <BR>Are you ready to go jogging? <BR><BR>68,go to one’s head 某人自负 <BR>A: Have you noticed how John’s changed since he became student government president? <BR>B: I think the whole thing has gone to his head, and he used to be so sociable and open. <BR><BR>69,got the time 几点了 <BR>A: Got the time? <BR>B: It’s a little after ten. <BR><BR>70, graduation announcements 毕业典礼请柬 <BR>Have you ordered your graduation announcements? <BR><BR>71,graon about 抱怨 <BR>How come Michael’s always groaning about something? <BR><BR>72,guest lecturer 客座教授 <BR>The only person who understood the guest lecturer was the professor. <BR><BR>73,hand-me-down 送的东西 <BR>A: What a gorgeous jacket. It must have cost a fortune. <BR>B: Not at all. It’s a hand-me-down. <BR><BR>74,hand down 易如反掌 <BR>Lee won the chess match hands down. <BR><BR>75,have a way with 擅长 <BR>Bonnie really has a way with words. <BR><BR>76,have had it with 处于 <BR>I’ve had it with being sick in bed. I’ve read most of these magazines twice. <BR><BR>77, head and shoulders above 高出许多 <BR>In computer programming, Susan is head and shoulders above the rest of us. <BR><BR>78, hit the spots 特别好 <BR>This lemonade sure hits the spots. <BR><BR>79, hold the grudge 记仇 <BR>A: I wish I hadn’t hurt Mary’s feelings like that. You know I never meant to. <BR>B: The great thing about Mary is that she doesn’t hold the grudge. <BR><BR>80, I have no idea which way to turn 我不知道该怎么办 <BR><BR>81, I have seen worse 我见过更糟的 <BR><BR>82, in advance 提前;同义:before hand, ahead of time <BR>It’s a really nice apartment. But the owners want two-month rent in advance and I just don ’t have it. <BR><BR>83, in case 万一 <BR>Let’s take our suits along in case the sun comes out. <BR><BR>84, in next to no time 马上 <BR>A: Are you going to be using the copying machine long? <BR>B: I’ll be through in next to no time. <BR><BR>85, in the red 赤字 反义:in the black <BR><BR>86,in the works 正在准备阶段 <BR>An advanced course in theoretical chemistry is the works. <BR><BR>87, keep to oneself <BR>I’m amazed that you still haven’t gotten to know your neighbors. <BR><BR>88, kill time 浪费时间 <BR>Gosh, what can we do to kill the next 10 hours? <BR><BR>89, leave…up to somebody <BR>We’ll have to leave the decision up to him. <BR><BR>90, letter of recommendation 推荐信;letter of reference 推荐信 <BR><BR>91, look on the bright sides of things 看事物的光明面 <BR><BR>92, no kidding 不是开玩笑吧 <BR><BR>93, on the tip of one’s tongue 就在舌尖 <BR>A: Are you sure you can’t remember the name of that record? <BR>B: It’s just on the tip of my tongue! <BR><BR>94, quitting time 下课时间 <BR>I’m glad it’s almost quitting time. <BR><BR>95, take it over 重修 <BR>Don failed physics and had to take it over. <BR><BR>96, than necessary 比应该的要冷 <BR>The lab was cooler than necessary. <BR><BR>97, That’s easer said than done. 说来容易做来难 <BR><BR>98, There is nothing to it. 没什么,很容易 <BR>I can run this projector. There’s really nothing to it. <BR><BR>99, with flying colors 成功 <BR>A: How did Ellen do on her American History exam? <BR>B: She passed with flying colors. <BR><BR>100, You can bet your life 当然 <BR>A: Will Prof. Smith come to class on time? <BR>B: You can bet your life.

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 小程序 返回顶部 返回列表