新加坡狮城论坛

12下一页
返回列表 发帖 付费广告
查看: 1707|回复: 10

疯狂英语口语之精华-----6

[复制链接]
发表于 15-3-2006 21:00:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>第<A>十二</A>拿手好戏:如何提出劝告和意见之精华 <BR><BR><BR>1. If you want my advice, I don't think you should go.<BR>2. I suggest that you tear up the letter and start over again〖把信撕掉重新写过〗.<BR>3. It's only a suggestion, and you can do what you please. (这只是个建议,你可按照你的意愿去做。)<BR>4. Let me give you a little fatherly〖慈父般的〗advice.<BR>5. If you don't like it, I wish you would say so.<BR>6. Please don't take offense. I only wanted to tell you what I think. (请别生气,我只是想告诉你我的想法。)<BR>7. In my opinion, the house isn't worth the price they're asking〖这房子不值他们要的价钱〗.<BR>8. My feeling is that you ought to stay home tonight.<BR>9. It's none of my business〖这不关我的事〗, but I think you ought to work harder.<BR>10. In general, my reaction is favorable〖反应良好〗.<BR>11. I've always tried not to interfere in your affairs. (我总是尽量不干涉你的事情。)<BR>12. Thanks for the advice, but this is something I have to figure out myself. (谢谢你的意见/劝告,但对这件事情我必须得自己考虑一下。)<BR>13. He won't pay attention to anybody. You're just wasting your breath〖白费口舌〗.</FONT></P>
发表于 15-3-2006 21:01:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
小狮租房
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>G: I agree. I appreciate your helping me, Jack. Do you think the end is all right? </FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>J: Oh, yes, George. But personally I believe a business letter should end with "Very truly yours", not "Sincerely".</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>G: I guess I'd better tear up the letter and start over again.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>J: Oh, don't do that, George! Just make the few changes I suggested, and your letter will be perfect! <BR><BR></FONT></P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-3-2006 21:01:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>★世界上最完美的对话之一</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>G: Jack, would you please read this letter of application I've just written? I'd like to have your opinion.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>J: I'd be glad to tell you what I think.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>G: If you don't think it's any good, please say so. I really want to get this job.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>J: It looks fine to me. But I have one suggestion.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>G: Good! I'm interested in your advice.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>J: If I were you I'd change the beginning. You should write about your education first.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>G: Good idea, Jack. What do you think about the second part?</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>J: Now that you've asked me, I think it's too short. You should include much more information about your work experience.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>G: You're right. I'll change it. How do you feel about the last part of the letter?</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>J: Very good. But, unless I miss my guess, you should say something about your family, too.</FONT></P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-3-2006 21:02:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>★ well-advised /ill-advised =wise /unwise:明智的/不明智<BR>例: You would be well-advised to stay at home today.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>◆ ◆Dear Mr. Lee:</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>[1] Please accept my apology for not meeting you for lunch Tuesday. I had the appointment written on my calendar and was looking forward to the occasion, but somehow I got my days mixed up〖搞混〗and didn't realize the mistake until now. Please forgive me. I'll call you on Friday to see if we can reschedule〖重新安排〗our luncheon meeting at your convenience〖在你方便的时候〗.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>[2] I'm eager to hear about the proposed Stone Project in more detail.</FONT></P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-3-2006 21:02:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
第<A>十三</A>拿手好戏:随手写出地道英语信件─生活和商务 <BR><BR><BR>Dear Allen,
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>[1] I just received your letter and I want to let you know my opinion of your plans for the future. I hope you won't take offense, but will accept what I say here as some fatherly advice.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>[2] I was quite surprised when I read in your letter that you had decided not to finish your studies at the university. I realize that Peter wants you to marry him this summer. But with only one more year to go, you would be well advised to finish. A year is really a short time, and later you will be glad you postponed getting married.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>[3] As you know, my reaction to Peter was extremely favorable when I met him. He's an exceptionally fine young man and should be a good husband. But I suggest you complete your education first.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>[4] You are twenty-one, a grown-up young lady old enough to make up your own mind. This is something you'll have to work out yourself. As your uncle, I have always tried not to interfere in your affairs and I don't intend to begin now. But, my dear niece, please do consider my words very carefully before you decide. Whatever you do, though, Allen, you know I only want one thing for you, and that is your happiness. </FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>Affectionately, Uncle John</FONT></P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-3-2006 21:05:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
下面是一封商业交往中最常见的"询价信"(Letters of Inquiry): <BR><BR><BR>◆ ◆Dear Sirs,<BR>[1] We have seen your advertisement in Chinese Arts and Crafts〖手工艺〗and are interested in Chinese Folding Fans〖中国折扇〗.
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>[2] Will you please send us your catalogue〖商品目录〗and full details of your export prices and terms of payment〖付款条件〗, together with any samples you can let us have?</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>[3] If your prices are competitive〖有竞争力;便宜〗, we believe we can place regular orders〖长期订货〗with you.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>[4] We look forward to receiving your reply. <BR></FONT></P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-3-2006 21:04:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>◆ ◆Dear Mr. Billet:</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>[1] Thank you for reminding us that you will be in town next Wednesday and would like to discuss your printing services with Ms. Smith.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>[2] As Ms. Smith has indicated〖暗示;表示〗on several previous occasions, we are very pleased with our present arrangements for printing and definitely will not be considering and other services in the foreseeable〖可预见的;可预知的〗future. Therefore, Ms. Smith has asked me to tell you that a meeting would not be helpful at this time.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>[3] We appreciate your interest in our firm, however, and thank you for writing.<BR>〖富有处世技巧的商业信件:留有后路的拒绝〗 <BR></FONT></P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-3-2006 21:05:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
第<A>十四</A>拿手好戏:英语学习王牌论调精选十段 <BR><BR><BR>1. Learning any language takes a lot of effort. But don't give up. (学习任何语言都需要花费很多努力,但不要放弃。)
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>2. Relax! Be patient and enjoy yourself. Learning foreign languages should be fun. (放松点!要有耐心,并让自己快乐!学习外语应该是乐趣无穷的。)</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>3. Rome wasn't built in a day. Work harder and practice more. Your hardworking will be rewarded by God one day. God is equal to everyone! (冰冻三尺非一日之寒。更加努力地学习,更加勤奋地操练,你所付出的一切将得到上帝的报答,上帝是公平的。)</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>4. Use a dictionary and grammar guide constantly. Keep a small English dictionary with you at all time. When you see a new word, look it up. Think about the word - use it, in your mind, in a sentence. (经常使用字典和语法指南。随身携带一本小英文字典,当你看到一个新字时就去查阅它,想想这个字,然后去用它,在你的心中,在一个句子里。)</FONT></P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-3-2006 21:06:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>5. Try to think in English whenever possible. When you see something, think of the English word for it; then think about the word in a sentence.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>6. Practice tenses as much as possible. When you learn a new verb, learn its various forms.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>7. The way to learn a language is to practice speaking it as often as possible. (学习一门语言的方法就是要尽量多地练习说。)</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>8. Chairman Mao said it is necessary to drill as much as possible, and the more you apply it in real situations, the more natural it will become. (毛主席说,反复操练是非常必要的,你越多地将所学到的东西运用到实际生活中,它们就越自然。)</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>9. I would also like to learn more about the culture behind the language. When you understand the cultural background〖文化背景〗, you can better〖更好地〗use the language. (我想学习和了解更多的关于语言背后文化的知识,当你理解了文化背景,你就能更好地运用语言。)</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>10. What is language for? Some people seem to think it's for practicing grammar rules and learning lists of words - the longer the words the better. That's wrong. Language is for the exchange of ideas, for communication. (语言到底是用来干什么的?一些人认为它是用来操练语法规则和学习一大堆单词--而且单词越长越好,这个想法是错误的。语言是用来交换思想,进行交流的。) <BR><BR><BR></FONT></P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-3-2006 21:06:00|来自:福建厦门 | 显示全部楼层
第<A>十五</A>拿手好戏:求职面试时的"甜言蜜语" <BR><BR><BR>1. What is important to you in a job?<BR>Challenge, the feeling of accomplishment, and knowing that you have made a contribution.
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>2. Why do you want to work for this organization?<BR>Its reputation, the opportunities it offers, and the working conditions.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>3. Why should we employ you? (我们为什么要雇佣你?)<BR>My academic preparation, job skills, and enthusiasm about working for the firm.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>4. If we hire you, how long will you stay with us? (你打算跟我们工作多久?)<BR>As long as my position here allows me to learn and to advance at a pace consistent with my abilities〖职务随能力增长而相应提高〗.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>5. What are your greatest strengths〖最大优点〗?<BR>I can see what needs to be done and do it.<BR>I'm willing to make decisions. (能当机立断。)<BR>I work well with others. (我和他人容易共事。)<BR>I can organize my time efficiently.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>6. What are your greatest weaknesses〖最大缺点〗?<BR>I tend to drive myself too hard. (我有时对自己要求过于严格。)<BR>I expect others to perform beyond their capacities. (我对别人的能力期望过高。)<BR>I like to see a job done quickly. (我喜欢速战速决。</FONT></P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 小程序 返回顶部 返回列表