查看: 6020|回复: 46

疯狂英语口语之精华------7

[复制链接]
发表于 15-3-2006 21:09:00|来自: | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
发表于 15-3-2006 21:11:00|来自: | 显示全部楼层
小狮租房
1. be exposed to: 暴露;(比喻)遇到;接触
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>2. flunk: 失败;(使)不及格<BR>She flunked her English examination.<BR>The teacher flunked him in geography. (老师给他的地理打不及格。)</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>下面是一段非常实用的"表示谦虚"的开场白:</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>It is generally believed that Chinese are poor public speakers, especially when it comes to speaking in English, and fortunately or unfortunately, I am no exception to that rule.<BR>一般人认为中国人是不擅长公众演讲,特别是要用英文来演说。不知是有幸还是不幸,对于这项通则我也不例外。 </FONT></P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-3-2006 21:10:00|来自: | 显示全部楼层
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>探讨中美贸易摩擦的对策</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>Today trade imbalance〖贸易失衡〗between the United States and our country is becoming worse〖日益恶化〗. We cannot leave this problem unattended〖置之不理〗, because the make a couple of proposals 〖提出若干建议〗to improve the whole situation.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>First, we need to do more public relations activities〖公关活动〗to promote understanding, because some of their criticisms are based on misconceptions〖误解〗about our country. We have to communicate with them more by sending lobbyists〖游说人员〗, producing more movies, publishing books, and so on.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>Second, we have to make an effort to encourage American companies to do business in our country. We should revise our projectionist practices in trade〖贸易保护主义〗, and promote free trade and competition.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>At any rate〖总而言之〗, our country and the United States need each other, and we have to maintain〖保持;维持;继续〗communication to understand each other. <BR><BR><BR></FONT></P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-3-2006 21:10:00|来自: | 显示全部楼层
第<A>十八</A>拿手好戏:疯狂演讲专家真正超越自我 <BR><BR><BR>Well, I almost had a heart attack〖心脏病发作;心脏麻痹〗a few moments ago, when I was asked to speak in English. I guess I didn't have one, fortunately, because I am still standing here firmly on my feet〖仍好端端地站在这里〗.
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>From childhood, I have been a poor student of foreign languages〖从小我的外语就不好〗. Throughout my education〖学生时代〗, I have been exposed to〖接触〗languages such as English, Spanish, and French, but I flunked all these classes. But through my experience in business at home and abroad〖国内外〗I have learned the most important language by meeting a wide range of people from different cultures. It's the language of human relationship that is based on trust, openness, and under standing〖这就是基于信任、开放和理解的人际关系的语言〗. This universal language〖这种世界性的语言〗has always brought people of different cultures close together〖将不同文化的人们紧密地结合在一起〗. And I believe it is through this language of human relationship that our company has grown into what it is today〖达到它今日的成长/发展到今日的规模〗.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>I want to thank you for giving me an opportunity to speak to you. And next time, please ask me in advance to make a speech. (我要感谢大家给我一个机会向各位讲话/和各位交流。不过,下一次请事先通知我一声要作演讲喔/下一次可别再给我来个突然袭击喔!)</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3><BR></FONT></P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-3-2006 21:09:00|来自: | 显示全部楼层
24. Clothes make the man. (人要衣装,佛要金装。)<BR>25. A good medicine tastes bitter. (良药苦口)<BR>26. History repeats itself. (历史会重演。)<BR>27. Strike while the iron is hot. (趁热打铁)<BR>28. As poor as a church mouse. (穷得一文不名。)<BR>29. Where there's smoke, there's fire. (无风不起浪;事出必有因。)<BR>30. Where there is a will, there is a way.<BR>31. A journey of a thousand miles begins wit a single step. (千里之行,始于足下。)<BR>32. A rolling stone gathers no moss. (滚石不生苔;转业不聚财;流水不腐,户枢不蠹。现在美国人常用来表示一个人常活动就能保持活泼。)<BR>33. Many hands make light work. (人多好做事。)<BR>34. Time heals all wounds. (时间会治疗一切创伤。)<BR>35. One is as old as one's heart. (心多老,人多老。)<BR>36. No sweet without sweat. (不流汗就没有幸福。) <BR><BR>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-3-2006 21:09:00|来自: | 显示全部楼层
第<A>十七</A>拿手好戏:文化经济交流使者 <BR><BR>●筷子的故事-中国人的自豪●
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>Having their <B>origins</B>〖起源〗 in China, chopsticks are used in many Asian countries. The first chopsticks were made from bone and jade. In the <B>Spring and Autumn period</B>〖春秋时代〗, copper and iron chopsticks <B>came into being</B>〖产生〗.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>In ancient times the rich used jade or gold chopsticks to display their wealth. Many kings and emperors used silver chopsticks to see if their food was poisoned.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>Chopsticks are traditionally placed in bride's <B>dowries</B>〖新娘的嫁妆〗, for "Chopsticks" in Chinese is pronounced "kuaizi", which sounds like "soon to get a son."</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000 size=3>Many foreign friends used chopsticks when they visited China. Nixon also used chopsticks at the welcoming banquet in his honor. As soon as he left his table, a foreign diplomat <B>grabbed</B>〖抓取〗his chopsticks as historic <B>souvenir</B>〖纪念品〗.</FONT></P>
<P> </P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 16-3-2006 12:04:00|来自: | 显示全部楼层
DING
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 16-3-2006 23:07:00|来自: | 显示全部楼层
<P>haha </P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

蓝色妖姬 该用户已被删除