新加坡狮城论坛

返回列表 发帖 付费广告
楼主: nicole1973

有没有谁家的孩子在宏茂桥中学的管乐团里?

[复制链接]
发表于 15-7-2011 00:41:35|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
nicole1973 发表于 14-7-2011 17:12
我也是很犹豫,我孩子的文化课很差,PSLE估计只能200左右,我知道她根本考不上好学校,所以我很珍惜她们中 ...

宏茂桥中学还算不错吧,看看Kiasu Parent论坛里一段话:

“I graduated in amk sec quite sometime ago. AMKSS provided a very condusive environment back then for me for studying and learning. It also focuses on all-round development of individual. My year the cut off point was 230+. The average L1R5 was 13+ which is quite an achievement for a neighbourhood school. I myself had a L1R5 of 10.

In terms of academic,when the ranking of secondary school was still in placed, AMKSS was best ranked 18th in the whole singapore (bear in mind that integrated programme schools were ranked together as well) and was named the best non-automous government school for quite a few years.

Teachers are friendly and the environment is less-stressful than any other schools. I myself did not regret going to ang mo kio. I had a fruitful and wonderful 4 years in the school. We played and study at the same time.”

另外,O-level Higher Muisic是专门为MEP的学生设立的,一般学校的是”O-level 音乐课", 中三开始,为期两年。建议楼主再去学校打听一下,因为没有MEP的学校通常是不会有“Higher Music O 水准课程”的 (有也不能参加考试)。

至于“进去JC的话是Music Olevel好还是这个好?”。个人认为,JC可能更想要AMKSS的长笛手。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-7-2011 06:47:40|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
小狮租房
Nicole的女儿长笛吹得很好呀,看过你家闺女独奏的视频:)
宏茂桥中学不错的,楼主亲自下去学校问比较好,接你电话的人不知道,肯定有专门负责的老师,上门去找到他/她,问到明白为止,事关闺女的前途,怎么也要弄个明白是不?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-7-2011 09:01:53|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 jjrchome 于 15-7-2011 09:05 编辑

又查了一下,晓铮的表弟说的也有可能是EMP (Enhanced Music Programme), 而不是MEP (Music Elective Programme)。请看以下介绍:

“What is the EMP?

The EMP is a two-year programme that provide an enriched learning environment for Secondary 3 and 4 students who are inclined towards Music. Students in the EMP will proceed to either take Music or Higher Music at O-level. Students will study a range of topics based on the O-level syllabus for Music or Higher Music and benefit from enrichment activities.

I have heard of the MEP (Music Elective Programme), so what are the differences between EMP and the MEP?

The EMP is a two-year programme that caters to Secondary 3 and 4 students who will proceed to take either Music or Higher Music at O- level. The secondary MEP is a four-year programme introduced at Secondary 1. Students in the MEP will proceed to take Higher Music at O-level.

EMP students will study a range of topics based on the O-level syllabus for Music or Higher Music and benefit from enrichment activities.

As MEP students have more curriculum time than EMP students, they will study topics beyond the O-level syllabus for Higher Music, have deeper and richer experiences in art/music making, and participate in a variety of enrichment activities.

The EMP serve to extend the capabilities of selected schools to provide an enriched art/music learning environment for upper secondary students who are inclined towards Music. The EMP hopes to expand the pool of talents in the arts industry. The secondary MEP aims to provide students who are doing academically well and are talented in Music with the opportunity for in-depth study of Music, and to develop leadership in the arts.”

点评

叹为观止,jjrchome是教育版达人。  详情 回复 发表于 15-7-2011 09:30
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-7-2011 09:39:42|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
是啊。。教育版达人

悄悄的问,是爸爸还是妈妈?

点评

是爸爸。说”达人“太抬举我了。我有问题的时候版亲们也曾大力相助,在此也顺便感谢一下各位”达人“。  详情 回复 发表于 15-7-2011 09:48
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-7-2011 10:04:51|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
jjrchome 发表于 15-7-2011 00:41
宏茂桥中学还算不错吧,看看Kiasu Parent论坛里一段话:

“I graduated in amk sec quite sometime ago. ...

我问过学校,确实是有Higher music Olevel的课程,要申请。。。下面是他们学校提供的课程:

Subjects Offered
:
English Language, English Language (Syll A & T), Chinese Language, Chinese Language (Syll A & T), Higher Chinese, Malay, Malay (Syll A & T), Mathematics, Mathematics (Syll A & T), Additional Mathematics, Science (Phy, Chem), Science (Syll T), Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Combined Humanities (SS/Geog, SS/Hi), Geography (Revised), Literature(E), Social Studies, Computer Applications, Technical Studies, Design & Technology, Home Economics, Food & Nutrition, Physical Education, Visual Art, Art, Civics & Moral Education, Higher Music ,Music (O Level), Introduction to Enterprise Development (Applied Subject)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-7-2011 10:06:30|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
jjrchome 发表于 15-7-2011 09:01
又查了一下,晓铮的表弟说的也有可能是EMP (Enhanced Music Programme), 而不是MEP (Music Elective Pr ...

我会认真地研究这个问题。。。。。很严肃这个。。。。不过我也觉得JC们应该会比较乐意能为学校贡献的孩子。。。呵呵。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-7-2011 10:28:34|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
晓铮 发表于 14-7-2011 19:32
我表弟说有mep/music elective programme。他现在正在take
中三才开始。。
我表弟的psle也只有考222。ang  ...

恳求私下给个电话。。。。这对我女儿真的很重要。。。。我想亲自跟你表弟确认一下是什么课程。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-7-2011 10:30:11|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
jjrchome 发表于 15-7-2011 00:18
MEP特指MOE资助开办的音乐特选课程,新加坡只有上述8所学校有。晓铮的表弟说的可能是学校自己的音乐课程, ...

谢谢了,也谢谢小飞猪。。。明年让我女儿也去上上中学部的。。。刚好。。明年中学没有syf 。。呵呵。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-7-2011 11:53:46|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 jjrchome 于 15-7-2011 11:58 编辑
nicole1973 发表于 15-7-2011 10:04
我问过学校,确实是有Higher music Olevel的课程,要申请。。。下面是他们学校提供的课程:

很多中学的网站上都是这么写的。 但是,要注意了,Higher Music 和 Music (O Level)之间有一个逗号,说明这个“Higher Music”并不是为GCE 'O' Level Higher Music Examination而设计的, Higher Music(O Level)是只提供给MEP学生的。Higher Music (没有O Level 文凭),Higher Music(O Level) 和 Music (O Level)三个是不同的,万万不可以弄混了啊。

Higher Music(O Level)和 Music (O Level)的难度和侧重点不同,具体请看以下:

Higher Music(O Level) - http://www.seab.gov.sg/oLevel/2012Syllabus/6055_2012.pdf
Music (O Level)          - http://www.seab.gov.sg/oLevel/2012Syllabus/6053_2012.pdf
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 15-7-2011 12:41:24|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 nicole1973 于 15-7-2011 14:14 编辑
jjrchome 发表于 15-7-2011 11:53
很多中学的网站上都是这么写的。 但是,要注意了,Higher Music 和 Music (O Level)之间有一个逗号,说明 ...

想在请问一下,Music(O Level)跟EMP有什么差别?
那也就是说就算我孩子的学校提供Higher music的课程,可以修读,但是不能用来考O水准的意思是吗?

Students in the EMP will proceed to either take Music or Higher Music at O-level.
这个意思是说,EMP的学生也是有机会可以修读Higher Music O Level的是吗?

点评

说的是EMP学生可以考music o level 或higher music o level.  详情 回复 发表于 15-7-2011 21:07
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 小程序 返回顶部 返回列表