新加坡狮城论坛

返回列表 发帖 付费广告
楼主: 小鱼王子

The Oral study Group of English ABC.

[复制链接]
发表于 28-6-2005 05:06:56|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<P>I guess you should give more information regarding this 'Oral study Group'.</P>
<P>Such as who is going to teach the students, and how will the lessons be carried out?</P>
<P>IMHO communicating with your local classmates in English is one of the good methods, you can speak Singlish with them, it's fine, but make sure you know what is the correct way of speaking, so when you write, it's proper English.</P>
<P>Of course if you have a chance to talk with western people, that will be the best. You will force yourself to speak standard English so to make sure they will understand it.</P>
<P>Maybe at first you still need to think in Chinese, and then convert them word by word to English before you speak out, but as you practise, your brain will run faster and in the end you can think in English. But thinking still takes time, you must try to speak without thinking, as in pay attention to the content of your speech, not the language. THAT is important for speaking fluent English.</P>
<P>For me, when I'm writing or speaking English, none of the chinese words ever pop out in my brain. It's already an instinct to think in English. (Unless I'm not sure which word is suitable to express my thought, then I will try to figure out which English phrase match the Chinese word best.) </P>
[此贴子已经被作者于2005-6-28 5:08:20编辑过]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 28-6-2005 16:10:48|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
小狮租房
<P>Yeah, as what GriGri has said, thinking in English comes with utmost importance in learning. Therefore as a beginner,  you should not start off with word by word translation, but rather take pains to cultivate an instinct.</P><P>However, thinking in English is only the first step in mastering it. Practice makes perfect. Therefore I think having this oral study group is not bad an idea for beginners and non beginners to communicate freely. Teacher is not quite necessary in this sense.</P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 30-6-2005 10:55:57|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
i will join you gays during Dec holiday...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 1-7-2005 23:55:20|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<P>Up to now,  how many times this group has been organised?</P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2-7-2005 23:19:44|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<P>Q1:How often you wish the study to be occur?</P><P>
twice a week

Q2:How long you wish the study to hold each time?</P><P>2 to 3 hrs

Q3:Where do you think is the best place to hold the Study?</P><P>conversation

Q4:When would be the suitable timing to hold the study?</P><P>afternoon or evening

Q5:Can you give some suggestions on how we can management the study group better?
it's better to have some forgein friends which helps the english talking going

Q6:Do you have any idea of how to practise oral english?
conversation again

</P>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-7-2005 00:30:29|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
No one is maintaining this thread?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-7-2005 16:05:17|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
hmm, then you hv to ask him
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 3-7-2005 22:56:02|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
I'd like to join you. I have no opinion. I follow you!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 4-7-2005 16:08:28|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
CAN I JOIN?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 4-7-2005 16:42:24|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
plan plan plan
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆