jjrchome 发表于 24-2-2012 21:39
http://ishare.iask.sina.com.cn/f/5043827.html
http://ishare.iask.sina.com.cn/f/17418628.html

多谢推荐!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 25-2-2012 15:17:45|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
jjrchome 发表于 24-2-2012 16:54
这个要看情况。试卷的难易,孩子开窍的早晚,老师的水平都会对成绩产生一定的影响。总的来说,小五和小六 ...

犬子能拿12分我就满足了.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 25-2-2012 15:34:19|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
半九 发表于 24-2-2012 16:47
个人意见,个人意见...

CLOZE10分以上(指的是名卷,而且基本遵循答案--参考书针对水准差别较大), ...

Grammar和句型转换基本不会错.一般是词汇错2题,Cloze错5题,阅读理解看情况,一般是5分.作文是一个大的短板,才20多分.
其实我是希望犬子的英文不要成为他的短项,去拖后退,争取冲上85.因为他的数学是98以上,华文一般也可上90.科学现在在进步中,关键是我们基本上知道科学是如何去补的.但英文就一筹莫展了...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 25-2-2012 22:35:14|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
      xuemei166 ,  关于TRANCY WONG的联系方式可以给我一下吗?非常感谢!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 26-2-2012 23:52:51|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
泼一点冷水:高分作文并不一定是好作文,英文成绩好也不等于写作能力强。

学英文学华文都一样,培养兴趣,广泛阅读和勤写勤练才是制胜的不二法宝!千万别迷信”技巧“,更别只盯着试题试卷,而忘记了学习的最根本的目的。老话说的好:磨刀不误砍柴工。语言学习,没有捷径可走!

一篇去年的老文章:

Good writing means more than just getting 'A's
Chew Hui Min |       my paper |    Thu Jun 9 2011

I RECENTLY read a parent’s letter, which had gone viral, on why the “basic tenets” of our education system need to be reviewed.

Ms Monica Lim – in her letter to newly appointed Education Minister Heng Swee Keat, which she reproduced on Facebook – said schools were being run like businesses, and questioned the obsession with academic results.

She also recounted how her son had to memorise stock phrases like the “fiery sun in the sapphire sky” for use in composition writing.

This is because their works of juvenile literature are graded “based on how many ‘good phrases’ are used”, said Ms Lim, adding that a commercial book of “good phrases” is part of the syllabus in her son’s school.

That part of her letter struck a chord because, as a student years ago, I actually looked forward to writing compositions as a break from the monotony of all those classes where we just sat and listened.

To see if what Ms Lim said was true, I popped into a Popular bookstore one day and located a few shelves of those phrase books, and some of their contents caused my eyes to turn into “overflowing lakes” (one point for me!), largely from mirth.

It was hard not to stop my “cherubic angelic smiles”, as I read how the sky can be described as “chic black” at night or “cerulean blue” in the day. It had also not occurred to me that the sun was, in fact, a casanova, “flirting cheekily with clouds that were waltzing in the sky” as it rose each day.

Of course, I am highlighting some of the more pertinent examples of purple prose, but I have to agree with Ms Lim that no child should be taught to write this way. I also wonder if I would have found writing compositions as fun if it had meant just more memorising.

In primary school, I remember fondly how my form teacher from Primary 4 to 6 tried to cultivate our love of language and writing.

The class magazine she had us start had poems filled with twee phrases and stories based on the most impossible scenarios, but I kept a copy of it for a long time. And we were proud of our original work.

I also read a lot of books, mostly fiction, through no fault of the school, I must say. But the comparatively light academic load then meant that I spent a lot of time in the library. I learnt good phrases from the books I devoured.

For much of my secondary-school life, much more mugging took place.

I spent less time reading library books, more time poring over textbooks for constant tests; less time day dreaming, more time memorising; less time creating and more hours absorbing the syllabus.

We had tests every week (sometimes on Saturday mornings) and homework every day. Before school broke for vacation, we would be loaded with enough homework to occupy the month (or, in reality, to keep me awake and panicking for 48 sleepless hours just before school resumed).

I have to say, though, that I didn’t hate school then. All that studying just seemed a necessary part of life. And we had wonderful, dedicated teachers to whom I am grateful to this day. If they pressed us too hard at times, it was because they meant well, and also because the system pressed them.

But some of my classmates left secondary school rather traumatised.

A former classmate told me recently that she is worried that her young daughter’s budding reading habit will be snuffed out by school. She remembers how her secondary school killed her own interest in learning, although her near- immaculate examination results paved the way to her high-paying job.

Another classmate, whose brother is now a teacher, told me that she realised from her brother’s stories that many schools are now like our former secondary school – and she did not mean it in a good way.

I’m not sure how things might have changed in the years since I left school but, going by Ms Lim’s account, the fervant chase for ‘A’s is still the reality for many students today.

Psychologist Abraham Maslow once said that when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. In this case, rote learning of stock answers and phrases is not always bad, but it seems to be the most convenient tool to turn to when test scores are the final arbiter of a student or teacher’s value.

The danger comes when our students mistakenly think their high-scoring compositions are samples of good writing, just as we mistakenly take ‘A’ students to be the only worthy students.

点评

感谢J版  详情 回复 发表于 27-2-2012 10:10
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 27-2-2012 00:18:11|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
sunflower77 发表于 24-2-2012 17:35
我所说的是基于他平时做的网上各名校考卷的情况。
但也听说,试卷后面的答案有的很水,我们自己也发现过 ...

“到底名校试卷cloze的答案哪里的才是标准?”

到小六时老师会告诉孩子们,一切以她的答案为准,千万别去看外面试卷或辅导书的答案。。。

另外提醒一点:小五的CA1英文考试很有可能会是一场“大屠杀”,杀得孩子大人们丢盔弃甲,自信心几近崩溃。这样的考试,让孩子们的英文水平立见高下。原本80,90多分的孩子很多都只能考到50,60多分,Comprehension Cloze得3,5分更成为常态。到那时,英文能考到80分以上的几乎就可以当“地主”了。

不过别担心,在这间学校英文考70,80多分甚至60多分的孩子在PSLE时几乎都能拿到A*。

点评

谢谢提醒。这个“屠杀”早有耳闻,所以已做好心理准备。对孩子也不是坏事。  详情 回复 发表于 27-2-2012 11:39
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 27-2-2012 00:23:59|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
jjrchome 发表于 26-2-2012 23:52
泼一点冷水:高分作文并不一定是好作文,英文成绩好也不等于写作能力强。

学英文学华文都一样,培养兴趣, ...

TOTALLY AGREE

一个悲哀的消息是

现在中学的华文