新加坡狮城论坛

返回列表 发帖 付费广告
楼主: 四月末

2008年8月新加坡房地产新闻摘要(更新完毕)

[复制链接]
发表于 20-8-2008 01:11:00|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<p>2008年8月16-18日新闻摘要</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><span lang="en-gb"><u><font face="Arial">News Highlights Monday 18 August&nbsp; 2008</font></u></span> </p>
<p><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Arial">The Business Times</font></span> <br/><span lang="en-gb"><b><font face="Arial">PM Lee paints challenging picture</font></b></span> <br/><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Arial">S'pore must tackle long-term problems, not just cost worries</font></span> <br/><span lang="en-gb"><i><font face="Arial" size="2">(Read also ST Rising costs Govt on top of problem)</font></i></span> </p>
<p><span lang="en-gb"><u><font face="Arial">News Highlights Saturday 16 August 2008&nbsp;</font></u> </span></p>
<p><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Arial">The Straits Times</font></span> <br/><span lang="en-gb"><b><font face="Arial">Home sales up, but pace slowing</font></b> </span><br/><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Arial">Prices slip in July, though sales up for 3rd straight month; high-end hard hit</font></span> </p>
<p><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Arial">The Straits Times</font></span> <br/><span lang="en-gb"><b><font face="Arial">CBD-style office space coming up in suburbs</font></b></span> <br/><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Arial">Soilbuild to provide alternative to increasingly pricey downtown space</font></span> </p>
<p><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Arial">The Business Times</font></span> <br/><span lang="en-gb"><b><font face="Arial">Ghost Month sneaks up on slow market</font></b></span> <br/><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Arial">Home sales volume in July down 35% year-on-year, but does better month-on-month with 12% rise</font></span> </p>
<p><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Arial">The Business Times</font></span> <br/><span lang="en-gb"><b><font face="Arial">Inflation still a big threat to global economy</font></b></span> <br/><span lang="en-gb"><font face="Arial">Central banks' actions not credible nor quick enough: economist</font></span> </p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 20-8-2008 01:12:00|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
小狮租房
<p>2008年8月19日新闻摘要</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="625" border="0">
<tbody>
<tr height="12">
<td valign="top" width="625" height="12">
<p><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3">China</font></u></b><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"> property sector slowing down</font></u></b></p>
<p><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2">Property investment has slowed in China since mid-year, amid tighter credit and buyers' uncertainty. The National Bureau of Statistics said that between January and July, investment in real estate development totalled 1.588 trillion yuan (S$326.7 billion), up 30.9% year-on-year. But the rate of increase was 2.6 percentage points less than the rate in the first half. Spending on residential projects was 1.15 trillion yuan, up 33.7% but 2.8 percentage points lower than in the first half. The central bank had reported that first-half lending to real estate developers and home buyers was 398.84 billion yuan, down 170.66 billion yuan from a year earlier. Since the end of last September, when China tightened credit for those buying more than one apartment, demand has ebbed. Developers sold about 260 million sq m of housing in the first six months with a value of one trillion yuan, representing decreases of 7.2% and 3% year-on-year, respectively. The National Bureau of Statistics also said that between January and July, 129 million sq m of commercial property was vacant, up 6.1%.</font></p>
<p><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2">- The </font></i><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2">Business Times, P32</font></i><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"></font></u></b></p></td></tr>
<tr height="12">
<p><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3">Fear of technical recession looms as July exports fall </font></u></b></p>
<p><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2">Continuing their downward trend, Singapore's non-oil domestic exports (NODX) shrank by 5.7% in July as the shipment of electronic goods continued to fall. This followed a 10.5% fall in May and an 11% tumble in June, and some economists are predicting a technical recession after the economy grew 2.1% in Q2.&nbsp; The fall (in non-oil domestic exports) will translate into weaker manufacturing activity, at least for the third quarter, raising the likelihood of a technical recession in 2008, said Standard Chartered. Non-electronic exports posted a slight improvement of 0.3% - reversing its drop of 7.9% drop in the previous month.</font></p>
<p><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2">- The </font></i><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2">Business Times, P2</font></i><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"></font></u></b></p></td></tr>
<tr height="12">
<p><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3">Bank of Japan seen holding rates steady</font></u></b><font face="Verdana" size="1"></font></p>
<p><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2">The Bank of Japan (BOJ) has kept its low interest rates unchanged at 0.5% since February last year. Japan’s core inflation rate hit a decade-high of 1.9% in June. Japan’s economy contracted 0.6% in Q2. With interest rates already very low, the BOJ does not have much room for further cuts.</font></p>
<p><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2">- The </font></i><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2">Business Times, P15</font></i><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"></font></u></b></p></td></tr></tbody></table></p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 20-8-2008 01:08:00|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<p><font face="Verdana"></font>&nbsp;</p>
<p>2008年8月16日新闻摘要</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>
<tbody>
<tr height="12">
<p><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><a title="http://www.straitstimes.com/Invest/Story/STIStory_268938.html" href="https://webmail.fareast.com.sg/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.straitstimes.com/Invest/Story/STIStory_268938.html" target="_blank"><font color="#ff6600">Still 'one safe haven' for investors - Reits</font></a> </font></u></b></p>
<p><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2">Credit Suisse tips real estate investment trusts, or Reits, as a good bet for investors. Reits turned in decent results in the second quarter and should see better earnings in the near term. Credit Suisse said three Reits, in particular, surprised with better-than-expected results: Mapletree Logistics Trust, Suntec Reit and CDL Hospitality Reit. The bank noted that quarter-on-quarter, office trusts delivered the strongest growth in terms of earnings, while hospitality Reits turned in the weakest performances. On a year-on-year basis, retail Reits grew the most in terms of earnings and industrial ones the least. The bank warned that risks of credit availability and high borrowing costs and concerns over asset devaluation still exist. For now, though, asset values are still expanding and interest rates are expected to remain low.</font></p>
<p><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2">The Sunday Times, P23 - 17th August</font></i><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"></font></u></b></p></td></tr>
<tr height="12">
<p><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3">Singapore</font></u></b><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"> wins bid to host RoboCup 2010</font></u></b></p>
<p><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2">Singapore</font><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"> will play host to the 2010 RoboCup, a robotics soccer competition and the biggest robotics and artificial intelligence event in the world. The four local bodies responsible for organizing the event will be Singapore Polytechnic, EDB, Science Centre and the Singapore Tourism Board. Roughly 3000 participants from over 40 countries are expected to turn up for the event. &nbsp;</font></p>
<p><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2">- The </font></i><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2">Business Times, P11</font></i></p></td></tr></tbody></table></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p style="MARGIN: 0in="0in"  0in="0in"  0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Havens away from home</span></font></u></b></p>
<p style="MARGIN: 0in="0in"  0in="0in"  0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The various nationalities setting up home here tend to set up enclaves where their countrymen gather. Property agents&nbsp;said that clusters tend to come up around international schools. The Americans, for example, have flocked to Woodlands because it is close to the Singapore American School. The Japanese tend to live in condos in the West Coast, close to the Singapore Japanese School. And the Serangoon area is popular with the Australians and the French, with the French and Australian schools nearby. One in five households at the 310-unit Kensington Park Condominium - a 10-minute walk from Serangoon Gardens - is French, for example. At condos like The Sovereign, The Makena and Costa Rhu, about four in 10 residents are Indian nationals. With more Koreans flocking to the East Coast, stores and restaurants selling&nbsp;Korean food&nbsp;have sprung up. Geylang, for example, has perhaps the greatest concentration of Chinese food outlets here. Some nationalities are also dominating certain professions. Indian and Chinese nationals, for example,&nbsp;are heading for the IT and finance sectors.&nbsp;Some nationalities&nbsp;are also marking out gathering places as their own. Clarke Quay, for example, is the party destination of choice for Indian nationals, while the Myanmarese make Peninsula Plaza their own at the weekend. </span></font></p>
<p style="MARGIN: 0in="0in"  0in="0in"  0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The Sunday Times – P10 - 17th&nbsp;August</span></font></i><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span></font></u></b></p>
<p><em><font face="Arial"></font></em>&nbsp;</p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 20-8-2008 01:06:00|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<p>2008年8月15日新闻摘要</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>
<table class="MsoNormalTable" style="MARGIN-LEFT: -0.05in; WIDTH: 468.75pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="625" border="0">
<tbody>
<tr style="HEIGHT: 9pt" height="12">
<td style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; WIDTH: 468.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; HEIGHT: 9pt" valign="top" width="625" height="12">
<p style="MARGIN: 0in="0in"  0in="0in"  0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Property firms report weak set of Q2 numbers</span></font></u></b></p>
<p style="MARGIN: 0in="0in"  0in="0in"  0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Hit by fewer home sales, lower revaluation gains from investment properties, drops in divestment gains - and the stronger Singapore dollar - property companies largely reported weak results for the second quarter. Most listed developers have warned that the global slowdown and weakening market could hit their business in the third and fourth quarters. CapitaLand, City Developments and Keppel Land posted lower profits for Q2. For the residential market, Citigroup said prices of luxury homes could correct. A Citi analyst expects a 20-30% price correction for high-end properties from their recent peak, and reckons the mid-tier is likely to decline 10-20%.</span></font></p>
<p style="MARGIN: 0in="0in"  0in="0in"  0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">- The </span></font></i><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Business Times, P4</span></font></i></p>
<p style="MARGIN: 0in="0in"  0in="0in"  0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span></font></i><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span></font></u></b>&nbsp;</p></td></tr>
<td style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; WIDTH: 468.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; HEIGHT: 9pt" valign="top" width="625" height="12">
<p style="MARGIN: 0in="0in"  0in="0in"  0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Weak £, absence of tax credits pull down CDL Q2 profit 15.1%</span></font></u></b></p>
<p style="MARGIN: 0in="0in"  0in="0in"  0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">City Developments (CDL) posted a higher profit from property development and rental properties in second quarter and first half. But the translation of earnings by its Millennium &amp; Copthorne Hotels at a weakening exchange rate of the pound against the Singapore dollar, plus the absence of one-off tax credits in Q2 last year, resulted in a 15.1% year-on-year drop in Q2 net earnings to $165.2 million. For the first half, CDL managed a 3% year-on-year increase in net earnings to $330.1 million. CDL also said it will enter into Singapore's first Islamic Sukuk-Ijarah unsecured financing arrangement, through a proposed $1 billion Islamic multi-currency medium-term notes programme, to tap new markets and investors. CDL plans to launch 400 private homes in H2 this year. These homes comprise 200 units in the second phase of Livia, a 99-year leasehold condo at Pasir Ris, and 100 units each at The Arte at Thomson and The Quayside Collection at Sentosa Cove. The group has achieved average prices of $1,500 to $1,600 psf for Shelford Suites and $650-$670 psf for the first phase of Livia.</span></font><font face="Verdana" color="black" size="1"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"></span></font></p>
<p style="MARGIN: 0in="0in"  0in="0in"  0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">- The </span></font></i><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Business Times, P4</span></font></i><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span></font></u></b></p></td></tr></tbody></table></p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 20-8-2008 00:54:00|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<tbody>
<tr height="12">
<p><b><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><u>2008年8月12日新闻摘要</u></font></b></p>
<p><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"></font></u></b>&nbsp;</p>
<p><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"></font></u></b>&nbsp;</p>
<p><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3">MTI expects a lingering slowdown, sluggish rebound</font></u></b></p></td></tr>
<tr height="12">
<p><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2">Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) official yesterday described the Singapore economy - which grew just 2.1 per cent in Q2 - as being in a 'stretched-U' slowdown, with sluggish growth and probably no pickup for a while. The global economic dynamics will remain fluid over the next 12-18 months, with recovery hinging on the state of global credit and asset markets. Q2 slowdown is due largely to a sharp fall in biomedical manufacturing. If pharma output were excluded, GDP growth in Q2, instead of 2.1%, would possibly have been almost twice as high. DBS Bank economist estimated it at 3.6%. Manufacturing sector contracted 5.2% in Q2. MTI expects the electronics industry to remain soft in 2H. Wholesale trade and the services are 'likely' to remain robust and help shore up economic growth. MIT added that GDP growth in the 2H should be 'broadly similar' to the first half. Full-year growth will likely come in within the lower half of the revised forecast. Most economists here have largely 'priced in' the poor outlook in their forecasts, though a few - such as the UOB - cut their GDP growth forecasts yesterday following the Q2 release. Even more bearish, Standard Chartered Bank's economists believe a technical recession here is on the cards, and see the Singapore economy growing only 3.5% in 2008. They also expect the MAS to start shifting - from its appreciation stance over the past 10 months - to a neutral bias on the Sing dollar. </font><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"></font></p></td></tr>
<tr height="12">
<p><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2">-<i>The Business Times, P1 (Also see attached “Second Quarter Swing, Sectoral Snapshot”)</i></font></p></td></tr></tbody></table>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>
<table class="MsoNormalTable" style="MARGIN-LEFT: -3.6pt; WIDTH: 468.75pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="625" border="0">
<tbody>
<td style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; WIDTH: 468.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; HEIGHT: 9pt" valign="top" width="625" height="12">
<p style="LINE-HEIGHT: 110%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; LINE-HEIGHT: 110%; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Changi campus for S'pore's 4th university</span></font></u></b><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="2"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: #ff6600; LINE-HEIGHT: 110%; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span></font></u></b></p></td></tr>
<td style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; WIDTH: 468.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; HEIGHT: 9pt" valign="top" width="625" height="12">
<p style="LINE-HEIGHT: 110%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 110%; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Singapore</span></font><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 110%; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">'s new publicly funded university will make its home at the vacant 22.6-hectare site (now-defunct UNSW Asia Campus) along Upper Changi Road, with the first buildings set to be ready by 2013, said MOE. Overseeing the establishment of the new university is Far East Organization's CEO Philip Ng. The university is considering a ‘garden’ concept with its own character and identity, with good quality accommodation, easy access to public transport, and look at possible synergies with the surrounding industries such as banking and IT. The government is building this latest varsity to increase the number of university places to 30% of each year's cohort by 2015, up from 25 per cent currently. The new university will be able to take in a steady stream of up to 2,500 students a year and offer three main disciplines - business, design and engineering. </span></font></p></td></tr>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="LINE-HEIGHT: 110%"><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 110%; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">- The Business Times, P9</span></font></i><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span></font></u></b></p></td></tr></tbody></table></p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 20-8-2008 01:01:00|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<p>2008年8月13日新闻摘要</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>
<table class="MsoNormalTable" style="MARGIN-LEFT: -3.6pt; WIDTH: 468.75pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="625" border="0">
<tbody>
<p style="LINE-HEIGHT: 110%"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; LINE-HEIGHT: 110%; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">A view to thrill</span></font></u></b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"><span style="COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span></font></u></p></td></tr>
<p style="LINE-HEIGHT: 110%"><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 110%; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Besides a combination of an affordable price, the perfect location and other sought-after attributes, having a great view is an important factor. In the current softer property market, a captivating outlook might give a home that vital edge to ensure it sells.<font color="#ff0000"> Buyers are willing to fork out a premium of anything up to 10% for a home with a great view.</font> Analysts say flat prices increase up to 1.5% for each floor in high-rise properties - so a 15th- floor unit might be 15% more expensive than a comparable fifth-storey unit. Ocean outlook, the Central Business District skyline and expansive natural v</span></font><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 110%; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">istas are popular choices. The favourites are those from properties on the East Coast, and city homes that provide a bird's-eye view of prime districts 9, 10 or 11. </span></font><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"><span style="COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span></font></p></td></tr>
<p style="LINE-HEIGHT: 110%"><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 110%; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">-<i><span style="FONT-STYLE: italic">The Straits Times, B24</span></i></span></font><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span></font></u></b></p></td></tr></tbody></table></p>
<p>&nbsp;越来越狭小的建筑面积及空间,使得发展商将楼盘建的越高越好。鸟瞰城市的夜景对追求享受的买家来说,也是不可抗拒的魅力。</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>
<tbody>
<tr height="12">
<p><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3">China</font></u></b><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600">'s inflation eases to 6.3% in July</font></u></b><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"></font></u></b></p></td></tr>
<tr height="12">
<p><font size="3"><font face="Arial">China</font><font face="Arial">'s politically volatile inflation eased in July as sharp rises in food costs slowed. Consumer prices rose 6.3% which was driven by a 14.4% rise in food costs, though that rate was down from 17.3% in June. <font color="black">The government issued an economic plan last month that switched the government's focus from fighting inflation to the dual mission of ensuring fast, stable growth while also cooling price rises. The economy grew by 10.1% in the three months ended June 30. Economists expect Beijing to try to help individual industries with tax rebates or other targeted measures, rather than an across-the-board easing of credit controls and investment curbs that have been steadily ratcheted up over the past two years. </font><b><u><font color="#ff6600"></font></u></b></font></font></p></td></tr>
<tr height="12">
<p><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="3">– The Business Times, P17</font></i></p></td></tr></tbody></table></p>
<p><font face="Arial" color="red" size="3">&nbsp;</font></p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 20-8-2008 01:04:00|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<p>2008年8月14日新闻摘要</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p style="MARGIN: 0in="0in"  0in="0in"  0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">POSB mortgage plan leads market: DBS </span></font></u></b><b><font face="Georgia" size="6"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 21pt; FONT-FAMILY: Georgia"></span></font></b></p>
<p style="MARGIN: 0in="0in"  0in="0in"  0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">DBS bank says it has captured more than half of the market for loans to Singaporeans who are not eligible to take up a Housing Board concessionary loan. The HDB currently provides loans for 60% of flat resale transactions, with banks in Singapore offering the remaining 40%. Of this latter group, one in two Singaporeans currently has a POSB Home Ideal mortgage, which offers transparent interest rates. POSB Home Ideal product has interest rates pegged to the CPF Ordinary Account rate. POSB saw a 22% rise in the number of new mortgage accounts in Q2, compared to the preceding three months. During Q2, the total number of resale transactions increased 22% to hit 7,760, compared with Q1. The best price in the market is the current 2.6% annual rate for those who qualify for an HDB concessionary loan. The POSB Ideal package's average annual interest rate over three years is 3.1%. This compares with 3.5% for the variable-rate loans offered by UOB and OCBC, and an average of 3.18% over three years for a Hong Leong Finance variable-rate loan.</span></font><font face="Verdana" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> </span></font></p>
<p style="MARGIN: 0in="0in"  0in="0in"  0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">- The</span></font></i><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> Straits Times, B21</span></font></i><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span></font></u></b></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p style="MARGIN: 0in="0in"  0in="0in"  0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Building projects bursting budgets</span></font></u></b><font face="Verdana" size="1"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 7.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"></span></font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Some building projects in Singapore are facing cost blowouts of 30-50% above their original budget as higher construction costs bite hard. Projects that have been hit by higher building costs include the Khoo Teck Puat Hospital in Yishun, Singapore Island Country Club’s clubhouse, Safra's Jurong clubhouse and Ren Ci’s new hospital at Irrawaddy Road. The Building and Construction Authority reported that construction costs rose 20-30% last year. Costs were estimated to </span></font></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p style="MARGIN: 0in="0in"  0in="0in"  0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">In slow times, rezoning appeals to developers</span></font></u></b></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Some developers say that rezoning property, with hopes of developing or selling the property once the market improved, is one way to help turn a profit. When the real estate market comes to a halt, many developers cannot get development financing on favourable terms. An attractive option is to wait out the torpid market while trying to add value to their property with a rezoning. But getting a change in zoning can be time consuming. </span></font></p>
<p style="MARGIN: 0in="0in"  0in="0in"  0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">&nbsp;- The Business Times, P</span></font></i><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span></font></u></b></p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 30-8-2008 15:20:00|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<p>2008年8月23日新闻摘要</p>
<p>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="625">
<p><u><strong>Hoi Hup-led group wins HDB project</strong></u></p>
<p>HDB awarded a Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) site at Lorong 1A Toa Payoh to a Hoi Hup Realty-led consortium that emerged as the top bidder. The winning bid of about $198.82 million works out to about $160 psf ppr - the highest of three bids for the 103-year leasehold plot. The consortium includes Sunway Developments and Hoi Hup JV Development. The group plans to build about 1,200 HDB flats on the site, of which about a third will be three and four-room flats and the rest five-room flats. It is also looking at building five blocks, of which two will be 46 storeys high and with a sky terrace on one of the upper levels (above the 20th floor). The remaining blocks will be 40 storeys high. It is expected to be launched in early second-quarter 2009. The average selling price is expected to be around $500 psf and will depend on whether Hoi Hup can secure exemption of bay windows and planter boxes from gross floor area calculations.</p>
<p><i>- The</i><i> Business Times, P7</i><b><u></u></b></p></td></tr>
<tr>
<p><b><u>S'pore to run out of workers 'in 5 to 8 years' </u></b></p>
<p>The prediction was made by Dr James Canton, futurist, author and business adviser to many of the world's top companies. Dr Canton, who also sits on the international advisory board of Singapore's Economic Development Board, said that because of a low replacement rate, Singapore is going to run out of people in the next five to eight years. He suggested that a liberal immigration policy may be needed. </p>
<p><i>&nbsp;- The</i><i> Straits Times, C24</i><b><u></u></b></p></td></tr>
<tr>
<p><b><u>GuocoLand FY08 net falls 43% to $162m</u></b></p>
<p>GuocoLand's earnings for the full year ended June 30 fell 43% as it saw lower sales from its property development projects in Singapore and a one-third fall in other income. GuocoLand has operations in Singapore, China, Malaysia and Vietnam. The group acknowledged that the property markets in the countries where it operates are slowing down. But the attraction of Asia as a growth region should have positive effects on the demand for quality housing in these countries, GuocoLand said. For Singapore, the completion of the two integrated resorts and the Marina Bay Financial Centre should help economic growth in the next few years. Among other purchases, the company completed its en bloc acquisitions of Sophia Court, Palm Beach Garden, Leedon Heights and Toho Garden condominiums in Singapore.</p>
<p><i>- The</i><i> Business Times, P4</i><b><u></u></b></p></td></tr>
<tr>
<p><b><u>CapitaLand to gain $313m from China assets</u></b></p>
<p>CapitaLand will realise a portfolio gain of $313 million from injecting four Raffles City assets in China as seed assets into its 50% owned Raffles City China Fund. The gain will comprise a $183 million net gain from the dilution of CapitaLand's interest in the four Raffles City assets as well as $130 million fair value gain for Raffles City Shanghai. The US$1 billion (about S$1.4 billion) real estate private equity fund will buy CapitaLand's effective 55.9% stake in Raffles City Shanghai, and 100% of the Raffles City projects under development in Beijing, Chengdu and Hangzhou.</p>
<p><i>- The</i><i> Business Times, P4</i><b><u></u></b></p></td></tr>
<tr>
<p><b><u>China</u></b><b><u> may reform VAT regime to boost economy: think-tank</u></b></p>
<p>China is on the verge of an overhaul of its valued-added tax (VAT) system that will give its softening economy a boost by encouraging firms to invest more. Under the current 'production-based' VAT regime, firms may not deduct from their VAT bills the tax incurred when they buy machinery and other capital assets. If China switches to 'consumption-based' VAT, companies would be able to do so. The ministry said it was actively working on a plan to roll out such a reform across China.</p>
<p><i>- The Business Times, P9</i><b><u></u></b></p></td></tr></tbody></table></p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 30-8-2008 15:21:00|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<p>2008年8月25日新闻摘要</p>
<p>
<table class="MsoNormalTable" style="MARGIN: auto="auto"  auto="auto"  auto="auto"  -3.6pt; WIDTH: 468.75pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="625" border="0">
<tbody>
<tr style="HEIGHT: 9pt">
<td style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 468.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 9pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" valign="top" width="625">
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0cm="0cm"  0cm="0cm"  0pt"><u><span lang="EN-US" style="COLOR: red; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'"><strong>HDB resale market going strong </strong></span></u></p></td></tr>
<td style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 468.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 9pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" valign="top" width="625">
<p style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><span lang="EN-US" style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">HDB resale market volume is seen remaining healthy as home seekers continue to check out resale flats, with demands coming from newly formed families and new PRs. Society of Financial Service Professionals thinks that HDB prices are still rising because there is not enough supply to meet demand. HDB flat seekers also include those who are priced out of the private market given that mass market prices there remain relatively strong. Agents say that buyers are showing more resistance to sizeable cash-over-valuation (COV) amounts. For suburban locations, asking levels for COV amounts have come down, said HSR. ERA expects an overall price rise of 10 to 15%, including an 8.2% rise in resale prices in the first half of this year. They believe the rise in the next 12 months will not be more than 5%. Last year, HDB resale prices rose by 17.5%. Knight Frank say HDB prices will support the private mass market sector, but selectively and a lot still depends on the general economic outlook.</span></p></td></tr>
<p style="MARGIN: 0cm="0cm"  0cm="0cm"  0pt"><i><span lang="EN-US" style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">- The Sunday Times, P26</span></i><b><u><span lang="EN-US" style="COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'"></span></u></b></p></td></tr></tbody></table></p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 30-8-2008 15:23:00|来自:新加坡 | 显示全部楼层
<tbody>
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">2008年8月27日新闻摘要</span></font></u></b></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span></font></u></b>&nbsp;</p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">New HDB flats for sale, rent in West </span></font></u></b></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Homebuyers are being offered a further 474 new flats to choose from, with the launch of a new Housing Board BTO project in Bukit Panjang. The 96 two-room flats available at Senja Green will come with a floor area of 47 sq m each. They will be priced between $82,000 and $106,000 each. The 94 three-room flats will have a floor area of 67 sq m each and cost $138,000 to $170,000. There are also 284 four-room flats of 93 sq m in size, which will go for $211,000 to $270,000 each. 177 applications had been lodged for the new units. HDB's latest development brings the number of new flats launched for sale this year to 5,000. It plans to launch 8,400 units by the end of the year.&nbsp; 300 units in two new rental blocks will be built nearby, for the first time under the same contract as the flats being offered for sale. As for rental flats, HDB said it expects to increase its current stock from 42,800 to 49,860 by 2011.</span></font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">- T<i><font color="black"><span style="COLOR: black; FONT-STYLE: italic">he</span></font></i></span></font><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> Straits Times, B2 (See attached map “27 Aug Senja Green Map.jpg”)</span></font></i></p></td></tr>
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Home prices stable till 2010: Wing Tai </span></font></u></b></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Wing Tai expect home prices to remain mostly stable until at least 2010. Projects that are being completed this year and next were originally sold at relatively low prices in 2005 and 2006, so there is no urgency for buyers of these projects to unload their units. Beyond 2010, however, the situation may change. Projects to be completed then were launched at 'very high prices' last year, and if the economy does not improve by then, these expensive apartments may flood the market while financially strong developers will probably also weaken. They added that while prices have softened, it is not because Singapore's economic fundamentals have worsened but rather because 'traders', or speculators, have left the market. Wing Tai Holdings is in no hurry to launch the two sites it owns in the Ardmore Park area: the Ardmore Park condominium and Anderson 18. They are prepared to hold out for prices to reach $4,000 per sq ft (psf) again at Ardmore Park. Wing Tai has already locked in construction costs for Ardmore Park and is renting out the units in Anderson 18. Belle Vue Residences in Oxley Walk will be launch-ready next month, while a 99-year leasehold site in Alexandra Road near the Redhill MRT Station will obtain all the necessary approvals by the year end. The Alexandra Road condo as a mid-tier project minutes away from Orchard Road, and may bring to it some of the features it has used in its high-end Draycott8 development. </span></font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><i><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">- The Straits Times, B16</span></font></i></p></td></tr>
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">S’pore housing : Get the bigger picture right</span></font></u></b></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The big picture in housing has always been driven by supply and demand - total supply and demand, not just private residential. If more households are created than housing units completed, there is upward pressure on rents and capital values. A net 10,000 private residential homes are estimated to be completed in 2009. HDB does not publish completion data, but based on 2006 build-to-order data, only 2,400 units are estimated to be completed in 2009. In total, that's 12,400 housing units. For demand, sub-letting approvals in 2007 totaled about 12,800, or 50% more than 2006. For 2008, sub-letting approvals are running 30% higher than in 2007, or about 16,300 units. This is consistent with data from the Department of Statistics on population and workforce growth in Singapore. Rental demand alone for HDB flats will probably exceed total private and HDB housing. This is because of a number of large projects coming on stream will boost job creation significantly in 2009, in particular, the integrated resorts (IRs). Some softness in the private residential rental market relative to the HDB in 2009 is expected, as the bulk of completions will be private. For developments with adjacent completions, rents will be restrained by competition. HDB rents have risen despite volume growth. Demand has clearly been very strong. With average gross HDB rental yields of 6 per cent, or a net yield of about 5 per cent, HDB upgraders buying private property have a financial planning and investment choice. </span></font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">- The Business Times, P32 (By Joseph Chong, </span></font></i><i><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">CEO of financial adviser New Independent</span></font></i><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">)</span></font></i><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span></font></u></b></p></td></tr>
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Tampines site: Sole bid rejected </span></font></u></b></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Boon Keng Development's optimistic offer of $84.6 million, or $118 per sq ft (psf), for the Tampines site overlooking Bedok reservoir was rejected by URA. Consultants were not surprised as anything from $150 to $230 psf would have been more reasonable as apartments on the 3.2ha site could sell for up to $700 psf. </span></font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><i><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">- The Straits Times, B22</span></font></i><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span></font></u></b></p></td></tr>
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Hotel site at Short Street now available</span></font></u></b></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The hotel site in Short Street (</span></font><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">0.12 hectare)</span></font><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> is up for tender. </span></font><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The site, in the Bras Basah/Bugis district, has a maximum permissible gross floor area of 4,077 sq metres (43,884.4 sq ft). Cushman and Wakefield believes it will attract smaller developers and new entrants to the market. They reckon that if the site goes up for public tender, bids could range from $350 to $400 psf per plot ratio (psf ppr) - a quantum of $15.4-$17.6 million. Knight Frank&nbsp; think that based on planning details and the neighbourhood, a boutique hotel development with an ethnically artistic design is deemed suitable.</span></font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">- The Business Times, P10</span></font></i></p></td></tr>
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Target recedes as visitor arrivals continue to slide</span></font></u></b></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Visitor arrivals continued to decline in July with a 3.8% drop compared to a year ago. Some 916,000 visitors travelled to Singapore last month, the highest number of visitors since the start of the year. </span></font><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Number of visitors from Indonesia fell by about 13% to 167,000 people. The number of Chinese visitors dipped by about 4% to 105,000 people. </span></font><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Australia</span></font><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">, India and Japan made up the remaining top five markets, which contributed half of total visitor arrivals for the month. Visitors from India grew 7.1% to 63,000 arrivals, while 5.1% more visitors (80,000) from Australia. STB said that while there may be a possibility of falling short of this year's target of 10.8 million visitors, it is strengthening its efforts in increasing tourism spend to achieve the tourism receipts target of $15.5 billion. Singapore's hotels were estimated to rake in $180 million in room revenue in July, up 6.2%.</span></font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">- The Business Times, P11 (Also see The Straits Times, A8)</span></font></i><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span></font></u></b></p></td></tr>
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Economists slash GDP projections </span></font></u></b></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Economists cut their GDP forecasts, with some tipping growth of as low as 3.3% for the year after production fell 21.9%, down 1.8% from this June. Pharmaceutical and petrochemical sectors recorded reduced output, according to EDB although the electronics sector managed a small expansion. Singapore's 2Q GDP fell 6% from 1Q, although the Government has reiterated it does not expect a technical recession as construction and services are 'strong pockets of growth' that should support the economy in the current quarter and next. <br/>But with the overall data weak, some economists have trimmed their growth forecasts for the full year. </span></font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><i><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">- The Straits Times, B22</span></font></i><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span></font></u></b></p></td></tr>
<p class="MsoNormal"><b><u><font face="Arial" color="#ff6600" size="3"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #ff6600; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">China growth may slide below 9% : JPMorgan</span></font></u></b></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">China</span></font><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">'s economic growth could slip below 9 per cent, after years of double-digit rises, if the government does not make drastic policy changes, said JPMorgan. Based on own research, they added that a possible economic stimulus package of at least 200 billion yuan (S$41.6 billion) to 400 billion yuan. But the 200-400 billion yuan estimate, equivalent to 1-1.5% of GDP, was very conservative, noting the impact of slowing exports and a sluggish housing market. The need for stimulus spending also matches the country's urgent requirement to build up infrastructure such as rail transport to ease bottlenecks. </span></font><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">With appropriate fiscal stimulus, the economy could maintain 10 per cent growth, he added. They also expected the yuan to continue appreciating against the US dollar, but at a much slower pace. </span></font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><i><font face="Arial" color="black" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">- The Business Times, P10</span></font></i><i><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span></font></i></p></td></tr></tbody></table>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 小程序 返回顶部 返回列表